January 27, 2009

I have a secret. . .

But don't tell. Okay. You can tell. Just don't tell my husband. . .

No, it's not that. I'm not a horrible person.

Let me explain . . .

See, every Tuesday night my husband goes to play volleyball with his friends. From about 7-11. So I am home alone with the kids all evening. And I LOVE it.

My kids go to be at 7. So he is still here to help out with that. Seven o'clock bedtime is the best thing that ever happened to me. He leaves and I have the house to myself. Sole possession of the remote control, very important. (bonus points if you can name that movie.)

I can eat whatever I want without feeling bad if I don't make something for him. (totally selfish, i know). I can eat whatever I want without being judged. (that one might just be some super sense of self consciousness. i don't know. being a member of this family kind of does it to you. basically i weigh more than all of his sisters. combined. not kidding. okay maybe a little. but not much)

I can blog all night if I want without being scorned. (blogging has been deemed "pathetic" by said husband).

It's wonderful. He has no idea. It got cancelled tonight. I was bummed. Oh well. There's always church basketball on Thursday. . .

maybe I am a horrible person.

3 comments:

That Girl in Brazil said...

HA! No, you're not a horrible person. You're a NORMAL person. EVERYONE needs some "me time."

Of course, my husband is gone almost every evening (church, work, etc.), and I have a little too much me time at night!

wonder woman said...

This is my wednesday night routine!! Husband is usually gone for bedtime, but honestly, my two are pretty easy to put down. I know it won't always be like that, so I enjoy it while I can.

I eat without the non-existent-but-still-kinda-feels-like-it judging. Watch whatever I want. Blog however much I want. It's GREAT!!!!

Stephanie said...

i am starting to get alarmed. i believe we may be married to the same person.

and, even more strange, i do the exact same thing whenever spouse has to work late....

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.