February 15, 2009

What to do, what to do. . .

Oh, What do you do when you get a bad haircut?

Do you get a new haircut?

Do you wait it out?

Do you dye it in hopes that everyone will notice the color instead of the cut?

Is that what you do? So do I.

No, really. I hate my haircut. But let me explain. It is not, in essence a bad haircut. Technically, everything is fine. It is all even and everything. I just HATE the way it turned out. And I don't know what to do. Do I go back to the same person and say, I really don't like this, please fix it? Even when I don't know what to tell her to fix! I almost cried this morning trying to fix my hair and ended up slicking it back in a ponytail--which wasn't easy considering the length. I just don't know what to do. What do you think?

6 comments:

Carolyn said...

I haven't had a haircut in 8 months...believe me it couldn't look any worse than my hair.

(My advice, wait it out, it might *grow* on you. He he. he.)

Emily said...

I had a similar experience just this week, and I ended up going back to my stylist. I liked my cut but hated my color. I think it's really hard to ask them to fix it, but they DO want to keep you happy and in turn keep your business, so she'd probably be happy to fix it for you. I worked at a salon a few years ago, and I know the stylists there would prefer to fix it than have you go to someone else or just live with something you don't like. After I got my hair colored this week I hated so bad I didn't even want to leave the house. But I went back and had her fix it and now I love it. But that is always really hard for me to do.

janae said...

What I would do, and what I think you should do, are two different things. What I would do is wear a pony until it grows out. What I think you should do is go back to the stylist. Whatever you do, good luck!!

Heidi Ashworth said...

This is exactly why I have been cutting my own hair for years. It doesn't look as good as a truly professional hair cut but there is no angst, either. I'm sure whichever you choose, eventually the situation will improve. Time heals all wounds. And haircuts.

wonder woman said...

I have never gone back to a stylist....mostly because I rarely pay for haircuts and therefore think I shouldn't complain, or when I DO pay for them (ever 8 months) it's worth every penny.

I......don't know what I would do if I were you..........

I think you should go back. Just be completely honest. Maybe you could bring your styling tools so they know what you have to work with. Good luck!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Oh I hear you, I love my gal that does my color and of course she does the cut too but never right. Sad but I've actually gone to a very expensive place for just a cut and then gone there to have her hopefully maintain it.

I found the best is those free sites that you can put your face in and try different styles. Then print and bring it with you.

Stopping by from SITS :)

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.