March 26, 2009

Do you ever get a whiff of something and can't quite figure out what it is?

And then you think, maybe it's the baby. But no, you just gave the baby a bath. The diaper? Nope. Clean and still almost dry. Can't be that.

And then you move to a different location and realize you can still smell it. But it's not strong or overpowering. It's just there.

And it doesn't matter where you go, it's still there. So you decide it must be you. But it's not. Then you realize it's your pajamas. And as you climb into bed you think that just maybe the smell has rubbed off your sheets and on to your pajamas.

And when you think about it you actually have no idea when the last time was that you changed your sheets.

Does that ever happen do you?

No?

Oh. Well, me either.

8 comments:

Sher said...

That same thing happened to me the other day, and I scrubbed my whole house before I realized it was me and my after-gym-before-shower stench.
p.s. Thanks for coming by to visit.

Carolyn said...

I have a hyper-active nose. I am always hunting down strange smells...I hate when they are coming from me :)

Annette Lyon said...

I'm trying to figure out what smells in my minivan right now. I think an apple must have rolled out of a grocery sack, but I can't find it.

I love your blog title. :)

(Thanks for dropping by! My regular blog is at The Lyon's Tale.)

Melinda said...

YES! I totally smell something odd all the time, sometimes I wonder if six years of poopy diapers (and my husband's...smells) have just damaged my nose....

wendy said...

Dang, I hate the unidentified smell. But I am a little anal about my sheets ----------

wonder woman said...

No.....this has never happened to me......

I don't remember the last time I washed the sheets. 3 weeks ago? 4?

wonder woman said...

Since you're e-mail's not attached to your blogger account, I'll just tell you here....... my marvy news is that I had my IUD removed yesterday. :o)

3 Peas in a Pod said...

That happens to me all the time. There's an odor that I just can't place. I look and look and look. I need to change my sheets. It's been 2 weeks. Yuk! I want to be Oprah. She has someone change her sheets every 2-3 days.

Much love from NJ,
Sue
xoxo

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.