March 18, 2009

Not saying that this has happened or anything, but. . .

Have you ever allowed your child to fall down the stairs--knowing that they were going to get hurt, but letting them do it so they would know not to do it again?

Have you ever not cleaned your bathroom for 2 months?

Have you ever woken up a sleeping child just because you were bored?

Have you ever vouched for someone and then had to eat your words?

Have you ever seriously considered letting the barely walking, little girl that you don't know, fall off of the table in front of you, that her mom put her on and then promptly walked away to take pictures of her other children?

Have you ever gotten mad at someone else's child at a park/playground/McDonald's for biting/hitting/kicking your child when their parents weren't watching (and still aren't)?


Just wondering. . .

9 comments:

Heidi Ashworth said...

I would have to say yes to most of those--I fell down the stairs when I was five and it was terrifying so I'm not into #1 so much, though I can totally see why anyone would do that. The kid on the table thing has never happened to me but yes to the rest (esp. waking up the sleeping child b/c I am bored and lust after their hot pink cheeks!)

hippyrochelle said...

I haven't let my child fall down the stairs, although, I have helplessly followed my child who was falling down the stairs trying to save him, and then crying at the bottom with him (actually happened more than once!). I would have to say that I have pretty much done everything else, it drives me crazy when other parents don't watch their bully/bossy children so I have to be their babysitter too!

Debbie said...

Haha. I love reading you blog. I've totally done some of those!

wendy said...

Yikes, I would have to say yes to most all of them. I love watching a sleeping child ------not just because I'm bored, but because it is peaceful

janae said...

I actually cleaned my bathroom for the first time in three months this week! I know, ew. The kid's bathroom gets cleaned weekly, but I just never seem to get around to doing my own room. I once went a year and a half without vacuuming. But in my defense, it was before I had babies and the carpet didn't really get dirty. :)

Carolyn said...

Honestly I am way too distracted to remember when I last cleaned any one thing. I just clean it when I can't stand how gross it is anymore!

Melinda said...

Yes, yes, yes, yes and YES! The whole kids at McDonald's one--YES!! I HATE THAT!

You're so funny! :)

3 Peas in a Pod said...

You're funny! Yes to some of it and no to others but only b/c it hasn't happened to me....YET!

Much love from NJ,
Sue
xoxo

That Girl in Brazil said...

yes yes no yes no yes

Not that it's HAPPENED or anything ...

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.