March 30, 2009

To clean or not to clean. . .

Most days I really enjoy cooking. Some days I love it, some days I only tolerate it. And some days I refuse and we end up going out. But for the most part I enjoy it.

Cleaning up is another story. All days I hate to clean up. I detest doing the dishes. I loathe putting the food away. I despise wiping up the counters. I abhor scrubbing the stove top. And the oven? Well, that won't get cleaned out until we move.

This is why you should never come into my kitchen unless invited. Don't worry. I'm a little anal about raw meat and the accompanying diseases. But don't be surprised to find flour and sugar on the counter and a sink overflowing in dishes.

Someday my children will be old enough to wash the dishes. If only I can hold on that long. . .

9 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I so agree! I love cooking and baking, but I hate the clean up!

Heidi Ashworth said...

My oldest is 19, the next is 14 and the youngest is 7. I finally stopped feeling guily about asking the Middle child to do dishes (the oldest and youngest can't yet for various reasons) and now she does them 6 nights a week. Woo hoo!

hippyrochelle said...

I'm am completely opposite! I hate cooking, thinking up meals to cook, the grocery shopping that comes along with being a cook....I despise it all.

Cleaning up I like, as long as I do it everyday, its not so bad and I can handle it. Plus, I love having a clean house, and the feeling of accompishment that comes with it. Its the kids messing it back up that I hate!

Melinda said...

I don't like cooking or cleaning, so there. Actually I don't mind cooking if I have everything and am really in the mood, but you're right, the cleaning part sucks. My husband ALWAYS puts the food away. Now baking? THAT I love! :)

Destiny said...

I completely agree! I loathe cleaning. . .and laundry.

wendy said...

That is funny!!! I think I'll take that same attitude --MY OVEN WON'T GET CLEANED UNTIL WE MOVE---ooooo, I hate cleaning the oven, fridge, those BIG chores. Clean is over-rated my friend.

Carolyn said...

It's all a balance of sanity. I ask myself...

How clean does it need to be to keep me from going insane?

Or If I clean one more thing will I go insane?

It's important for everyone that mommy clings to her sanity.

wonder woman said...

Ditto, ditto, ditto. Love the cooking, hate the CLEANING UP!!! I usually end up doing it before I start dinner the next day, which puts me like 10 minutes behind.

3 Peas in a Pod said...

I'm kind of over the whole thing by the time cleanup comes around too. Normally I clean up as I go along but there is still things to be put away and plates to be cleared. Once it's cleaned up I love it though. Who doesn't!!

Much love from NJ,
Sue
xoxo

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.