1. Grudgingly allow your spouse to go to a car lot alone to research new cars.
2. Start to become annoyed when he hasn't returned 3 hours later.
3. Freak out when he calls to tell you that he is going to buy a car $5000 outside of your budget and order him to come home immediately because isn't he the one who always says that you never buy something that big on your first trip. You always leave, think it over and then if you really want and need it, go back.
4. Get on the internet to arm yourself with proof that there are other cars out there that are just as good for less.
5. Find 5 or 6 six of those cars and call him back.
6. Be informed that he does not want to buy a car from just anyone. He wants to go through a dealership.
7. Continue looking online to find more ammunition.
8. Find the exact make, model and year of the car that he is looking at for $5000 less. Call and tell him that in order to convince him that he should come home so that you can go car shopping another day. TOGETHER.
9.Resign yourself to failure when he calls to tell you that the dealer is willing to knock another $4000 off the price because you found the other car for so much less.
10. Become the owner of a new (to you) car that must be shown off at every possible chance, like during Priesthood.