April 15, 2009

How to Buy a Car

1. Grudgingly allow your spouse to go to a car lot alone to research new cars.

2. Start to become annoyed when he hasn't returned 3 hours later.

3. Freak out when he calls to tell you that he is going to buy a car $5000 outside of your budget and order him to come home immediately because isn't he the one who always says that you never buy something that big on your first trip. You always leave, think it over and then if you really want and need it, go back.

4. Get on the internet to arm yourself with proof that there are other cars out there that are just as good for less.

5. Find 5 or 6 six of those cars and call him back.

6. Be informed that he does not want to buy a car from just anyone. He wants to go through a dealership.

7. Continue looking online to find more ammunition.

8. Find the exact make, model and year of the car that he is looking at for $5000 less. Call and tell him that in order to convince him that he should come home so that you can go car shopping another day. TOGETHER.

9.Resign yourself to failure when he calls to tell you that the dealer is willing to knock another $4000 off the price because you found the other car for so much less.

10. Become the owner of a new (to you) car that must be shown off at every possible chance, like during Priesthood.

12 comments:

Kristina P. said...

My husband would never dare go to the dealership without me. He's the one who thinks that we make twice as much money as we do!

wendy said...

My husband totally went out and bought me a new car a month ago. A subaru Forrester. I LOVE IT. had no idea.

SO said...

I would freak. out. I hope you enjoy it.

Terresa said...

This is funny stuff. I actually sent my dh out to buy us a new car when I was on bed-rest, pregnant with twins. He did a pretty good job, I think, all things considered, except for the color (a very boring silver).

Good luck with your new ride!

PS: found you on MM blogs. I love your blog colors and background scroll pattern, nice choices!

Carolyn said...

Gotta love the husband...at least that's what I tell my self...every... single...day...

Susan said...

You have mastered being a "WOMAN". Congratulations!

wonder woman said...

Levi bought our last car in Missouri. While I was in Utah. I wish I had been there, since our car won't hold three kids in carseats.

YAY for you!!! I am totally jealous. But still happy for you.

Erin said...

Remind me not to let my husband go car shopping alone...

Melinda said...

Wow, sounds so much like me and my husband! Thats crazy! Congrats on the new to you car though! :)

heather said...

Man, you should have said you found one for 6 or 7 thousand less, huh. ;)

P.S. Thanks for loving my blog. :)

3 Peas in a Pod said...

My hubby went to get a car without me too. We had already long discussed what I wanted. In the end I was the one that did the negotiating over the phone. He went to pick it up and sign the paperwork. (in his name!) :-) It's just too hard to go to the dealership with 3 kids. We did it with 1 and that was hard enough. 3 or 4 and it's complete mele.

Much love from NJ,
Sue
xoxo

janae said...

You are a better woman than I. That would have been sudden death for my husband. I think I need to work on being more patient. ;)

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.