April 1, 2009

A Love Letter


Dear Cadbury Creme Egg:
It is that time of year again. The time that you grace the shelves of every major store that I enter. The time that my self control is pushed to the limits. And then, when I think that I have won, that I have endured it well, Target puts you on sale. And I am helpless to resist.
All year long I struggle against every impulse, every longing to purchase candy. There is enough candy in this house with out every spending a penny on it. And as long as I never go shopping hungry, I tend to succeed. Until March rolls around. Then, all is lost. As am I.
The glorious chocolaty shell is nothing, nothing compared to your creamy, rich interior. How can I possibly resist? I don't even know what your made of but somehow, I succumb. I just can't help myself.
Why, why when I am trying to overcome this weakness must you appear with your empty calories and fat grams. Why am I so drawn to your seductive charms, your smooth texture?
Soon Easter will be over, and with it your irresistible temptation. Hurry past, Easter. I don't think I can restrain myself from Eggs on clearance.
With all my love,
Rachel
* the pictured egg no longer exists. . .

11 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I could have written this same letter!!

Melinda said...

Creamy goodness, yum.....

hippyrochelle said...

The pictured egg no longer exists, funny. Have you tried the cadbury robin eggs? I actually searched walmart for them the other day and couldn't find them, they are delicious!

wonder woman said...

Now they have mini eggs.

Just something else I cannot resist.

Carolyn said...

Love love love love love this post.

Chocolate speaks to me too!

That Girl in Brazil said...

SOOOOOOOOOOO glad I can't get these here.

Sometimes.

janae said...

Oh yum. Creme eggs, mini eggs, and peeps. My weakness in life. I'm so glad Easter only comes once a year!!

Debbie said...

Fun idea! I love the stuff that comes out of your brain. :) Enjoy their creamy goodness for me. I'm not a fan (oh but those peanut buttery ones mmmmm).

Mallory said...

I agree.

wendy said...

THAT --was a very touching letter. (I feel the need to wipe a tear) dangerous goodie for sure

Heather said...

I feel the same way about those Reese's peanut butter cup eggs. Lawsy, those are good.

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.