May 1, 2009

Random Friday

Last week my oldest got invited to 2 birthday parties that her sister didn't. Which was hard on her sister. So during the second one, Saturday, I took the youngest 3 to McDonald's for lunch. And do you know what the Happy Meal toy was? Not a toy. A CD. Yes, McDonald's is pushing crappy music onto kids and disappointing them. You should see their little faces fall as they gaze down into that beloved box, not to find a delightfully cheap toy that will break in the next day or so, but a CD full of top 40 music sung by kids. Things like 'stickwitu.' (I cringed while typing that. When did we become such a lazy people that we couldn't say a whole phrase, but rather had to squish the words together so much that it is almost impossible to understand what is being said? Drives me nuts.)



And what have my girls been listening to since Saturday? Nothing other than 'stickwitu'. Oh, heaven help me.

***********************************************************************************

I hate that when one person in my house gets sick it is almost a guarantee that at least 2 other people will get sick as well. But I love that I live close enough to my mom that she can come rescue me when I need it.

************************************************************************************

It's been a long and disgusting week . . .

11 comments:

Kristina P. said...

A CD? Really?

Debbie said...

I hate the CD's of music--lame lame. BUT Wendy's sometimes does story CD's. Last year they did some of Magic Treehouse, which I personally love. In fact I specifically went back again to 'collect all 4'. (My girls like to listen to them at night for bedtime and in the car.) But really, I'm totally with you on the super dumb music!

Feel better Rach, I'm so sorry your sick!

SO said...

Oh I saw the commercials for that CD prize! We've been staying away from McDonalds. I HATE Kidz Bop!!

Carolyn said...

I'm so sorry you're sick. I have had many many days when I feel like the sickness will never end.

You are so lucky to have your mom around. I live 2,000 miles from my family.

hippyrochelle said...

We got those stupid kidz bop cd's the other day too. My 4 year just looked at it like, "What the crap is this?" I felt so bad! And the worst part is that we got two happy meals but both came with the same cd, so now we have two crappy cd's to collect dust!

Mormon Mommy Blogs said...

Hi!
You have been nominated for the May blog spotlight! Get your peeps to vote!

~motherboard, mmb

Heidi Ashworth said...

Sooooo sorry you're sick! My Big Guy is sick this morning and he NEVER gets sick. sigh . . .

Sara Ward said...

sorry you're sick Rachel. I wish we were up there to take your kids for a while. My kids got the kids pop cds and they loved them. They love music though, and cd's. Gabe's actually wasn't too bad.

pan x 8 said...

I'm checking in from MM Blogs... Grandpa took my boys to McDonalds for lunch today and came back with that same CD. Feel the same way about the music and I don't know if the kids love it all that much either!

Hate it when Mommys are sick, life for the whole family is just not the same! Take care!

Melinda said...

"Stickwitu"?! What the heck?! I'm so glad I haven't been to McDonald's in like a year or two, they're stupid. Especially if they think any kid would want one of their dumb CD's. Dorks.

I'm sick too, I hate it. My house smells weird. And thats saying something since I can hardly smell anything...ewww. Get better soon!

Anne-Marie said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that feels this way! We went on Wednesday and Maiya was so sad she didn't have a toy. I thought I could be sneaky and hide the CD before we got home but I forgot about it. So we come home and she immediately pops it in the DVD player which I didn't even KNOW could play CD's, pulls the fake microphone out of the side of the box and starts singing to "Girls just wanna have fuhhh unn." The best part? Eric comes home and asks "Have you been listening to Cyndi Lauper lately? And if so, WHY???" I then explain what happened and we both agree it is the lamest thing McDonalds has ever done. Go back to Hello Kitty PLEASE!

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.