April 10, 2009

Random, random, random

Here it comes. . . the word vomit. (I watched Mean Girls the other night.)

I just killed a spider on the ceiling in the girls room and then almost broke my ankle and my daughters leg climbing off the dresser. There were 2 causes for that, for one, my girls don't understand the concept of personal space, or the concept that when Mommy is climbing off of the dresser, you shouldn't take a step FORWARD. She doesn't need your help. And reason number 2: I have become clumsy in my old age. I can't tell you how many times I have fallen down the stairs in the past year or two. Quite a few. I'm pretty lucky that the baby was born without diminished mental capacity, because I fell at least twice while I was pregnant.

******************************************************************************

I have eaten all the good candy in the house and I am striving not to buy any more. The problem with that is that I have started going through withdrawals and the marshmallows and chocolate chips are starting to look quite yummy. (Oh, who am I kidding. I eat marshmallows whether or not candy is available. With peanut butter. Mmmmmm. )

I am now trying to shake off the urge to go make more chocolate dipped strawberries and chocolate chip cookies. By the way, if you haven't tried out Carolyn's recipe, do it. Do it now. It is heaven. I'm debating about making the Tangerine pound cake for my son's bday on Monday.

**********************************************************************************

It's not raining today. It's not that warm, but at least it's not raining. Although, I decided in April I really prefer rainy days to snowy days. SO much. I don't think that I can emphasize that enough. I am so done with snow. I was done with snow around February.

My husband isn't appreciating the rain so much however: He wants to go Snowboarding or Golfing. Neither one is good in the rain. (Selfish me. I'm glad that it is supposed to rain tomorrow. Better chance that I will get him for a whole day!)

***********************************************************************************

A family reunion of epic proportions is in the works. Okay. Maybe not epic. But 50 people in one house (a larger than average house, I might add, but not that big.) That's pushing epic. Or insanity. I have been put in charge of activities for one of the days. The problem is on that particular day I will probably be one of few adults among many (and we're talking many, 6 under the age of two) children. Any ideas on what to do? Or even better, any ideas on how to worm my way out? :)

7 comments:

Kristina P. said...

That tangerine cake sounds amazing. What an interesting recipe! Let us know how it turns out.

SO said...

I just went and bought a bunch of candy for Easter. And I have strawberries for strawberry shortcake...mmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

I'm sure there are some really good ideas out there for family reunions.

We have a big family party on the 4th of July each year and we have a treasure hunt (around the yard) for the smaller kids. One year I even did a photo one so that the little, little kids could do it. The treasure is usually something good to eat but you could even have maybe a pinata at the end so it would be TWO activities in one.

Then the older kids 9 and up we do photo scavengar hunt with disposable cameras. They love it.

We've also had a cookie decorating activity and different crafts. Family Fun magazine usually has some really good ideas. Check out their website. Good luck!

Carolyn said...

I am so glad you love my cookies as much as I do. I makes me feel justified when I tell everyone they are incredible.

(I believe some people just think I'm bragging.)

It's the recipe I tell you. Not me. Anyone can make them if they try!

I hope your pound cake turns out well. One bonus of the cake, the layers are dense and sturdy as well as delish, so they stand up to amateurish frosting attempts. (Mine in particular.)

I'm sure lemon, orange, or any citrus would work well too. If you don't have tangerines.

Heidi Ashworth said...

I have THE BEST recipe for chocolate chips, mini marshmallows and peanut butter. It's like candy. Heaven. Let me know if you need it more than Easter candy. :)

wendy said...

50 people in one house!!!! I would concentrate on the "worming your way out" concept. I like the rain, but my hubby is bummed too as it is his spring break from teaching school and he's wanted to GOLF.

Debbie said...

Ok I totally fall all the time too. Well it goes in spurts. I'll be fine for 6 months and then have 3 in a few weeks. Crazy!

Good luck with the reunion. That is totally my inlaws family whenever we visit. (Small house, small! Add that to 23 grandkids and 18 adults. Ahhhhh!) Good luck with yours.

Ideas: crafts, outside games, relay races, sidewalk chalk, paint with water, sprinkler tag, tape streamers to popsicle sticks for wavy wands. I'm trying to come up with stuff too. Maybe we should collaborate.

wonder woman said...

Just yesterday I was saying that I really didn't mind the rain, or cloudy skies. As long as those skies don't mean SNOW.

Good luck with the reunion activities. If I had any ideas I'd pass them on......I like the photo scavenger hunt idea.

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.