1. When a cake recipe says to make 3 layers, don't assume that everything will be okay if you only make 2 instead.
2. If you check on a baking cake and it looks like it might overflow, put a cookie sheet under the cakes on the rack underneath BEFORE it actually overflows.
3. Baking soda will put out a fire in the oven.
4. The baby thinks the fire alarm is funny.
5. Smoke is not a great added flavoring to cake.
6. Amazing frosting will not cover up the smoke flavoring.
7. The oven may have to be cleaned before we move.