May 27, 2009


All day long I've been thinking.

I'm stuck.

I have tried to come up with something to write about.

The whole time I was doing the dishes I was contemplating topics. And belting out "Somebody to Love." It just makes the dishes less painful.

And while I was pulling weeds I considered different topic possibilities. As well as whether or not weeds are a choking hazard for a 7 month old baby. They're not, by the way. They go down just fine. Unlike Styrofoam. Watch out for that one.

And then while finishing up A Tale of Two Cities, I thought about the possibilities of blogging about it. While I cried. Yep. It made me cry. I read these books and realize why exactly they are classics. . .

While I shopped at Home Depot this morning I considered blogging about home improvement stores. While trying to maneuver the cart around the stupid hose used to water all of their flower packs. Because carts don't go over hoses very well. Trust me.

Then, while I attempted to put away all of my fresh produce I considered blogging about the wonders of the bountiful summer season. Until I realized that my 2 year old had acquired the strength to open the fridge. At which point, all energies, both physical and mental, had to be put to use in distraction. Note to self: buy fridge locks.

And even after all that thinking I still came up with nothing.

Nada.

I can't think of any more words for nothing. (see how stuck I am?)

So, sorry guys. I guess I just won't write anything today. . .

15 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Did you just post something? ;)

Erin said...

I love Queen. The Bicycle Song is hilarious.

Rochelle said...

That didn't seem like nothing!

I hate garden hoses, they are a safety hazard. Did you ever try to ride over one on your bike when you were a kid? It doesn't work, I found out the hard way (more than once).

Melissa Bastow said...

Good to know about the weeds....and the reminder about the fridge lock (I always forget about it when I'm at the store, and then when I get home I regret it.)

Terresa said...

Ha ha! Great post. The all time best song to belt out is "Somebody to love"! I blast it in my van doing errands and vent away.

Debbie said...

Fan of the fridge locks. We just got another one for my freezer because my 3 year old refuses to obey when I ask her not to pull over chairs and climb into it.

Linds said...

It's funny when you see your day-to-day activities through the eyes of your blog. Gives you a different perspective, eh?

heather said...

I'll be belting out something today while I do dishes to see if that helps me or not.

I have a crazy home depot story I should share. I think I'll make it a Tuesday Confessional.

I have tried to read A Tale of Two Cities no less than five times, and each time I just can't get much further than the first chapter. Should I just really push harder?

~Thought's By Dena~ said...

Im not sure but I think you just wrote something...so you did have something to say after all!!!! hehe

wonder woman said...

I do this all the time. Think of things to blog about, but can't make them long/interesting/funny enough for posts. And I end up with nothing.

Good music is the ONLY thing that makes doing the dishes possible. I actually called my995 a year ago and left that message.

Also, I watched So You Think You Can Dance last night and thought of you when they had humiliating auditions. I flipped the channel, then came back when it got good. And I realized that SYTYCD shows a lot more of the good auditions, while Idol thrives on the horrible ones.

Melinda said...

Oh man! Queen is my ALL TIME FAVORITE band, and Somebody to Love is almost my most favorite song of their's! I will love you forever now for just that bit! ;)

Heidi Ashworth said...

You made the most out of nothing--yay! I could have written most of this post. I loved Tale of Two Cities and surely would have blogged about it if I had a blog back in 9th grade. I'm thinking I ought to read it again (but I've seen the movie, so . . .)

Rachelle said...

LOL!... looks like a lot of nothing equals something!!! cute post. ♥

Loralee and the gang... said...

I was hopping around blogs and I don't even remember where I found you - I hope you don't mind my popping over! I just have to say, you write such fun, real, everyday, stuff, and still make it interesting! (I wish I could do that. Then maybe when I journal all my blogs posts and put them in a book and store it in my attic, when my great-grandkids find it, maybe they'll be interested enough to actually read the stuff!)
:~D

Momza said...

You write about nothing really well...so that's something!!!!!!

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.