May 4, 2009

A Letter

Dear Overzealous Teacher on Parking Lot Duty at my Daughter's School,

I understand that your job is to help guide parents to the appropriate drop off location and keep the kids in the parking lot safe. And I am on your side. I really am. But when I pulled into the parking lot of the school this morning, I was looking at the sign above your head, not at you to determine whether or not I could get away with dropping my daughter off at the wrong, but possibly, more convenient location.

I appreciate the fact that you started frantically waving your arms at me in order to keep the other children safe. However, such frantic arm waving did nothing more than embarrass yourself, as well as frighten those children, and possibly the other teachers around you.

And just to clarify, when I slowed down my car, it was to avoid collision with the other cars in the drop off lane. It was completely unnecessary for you to walk alongside my car, continuing to flap your arms uncontrollably. I was forced to stop by the line of cars in front of me, not by some petulant desire to thwart your quest to humiliate yourself.

Thank you for your concern over the safety of the students. Next, time, however you may want to take into consideration those within striking distance of your hysterical demonstrations. I belive them to be in more danger of you, than of me.

Sincerly,

A Concerned Parent

15 comments:

SO said...

What I would give to have seen this! It sounds hysterical. You would think that it would be hard for her to miss that there was a car right in front of you making it kind of hard to keep on keeping on. Maybe she just wanted an extra good arm work out today.

janae said...

Ha, ha! I have been wanting to do a blog post letter for months, but I still haven't been able to come up with a funny idea. Yours was wonderful!

Pam said...

The ladies at the school in Scottsbluff were crazy like this. I think it would be rather comical to set up a camera on the dashboard and record such incidences, of course it would be purely for your own personal enjoyment when you are having a bad day! :)

Kristina P. said...

I need to spend more time at elementary schools, apparently.

Debbie said...

Ha!

Erin said...

I totally agree with you. Today, as I was taking my kindergartener into his school (I am a reading helper on Mondays), the principal was outside and he said, "Hurry up! School started one minute ago!" Seriously? I'm never late. And sure enough, they hadn't actually started class. Oh brother.

hippyrochelle said...

too funny!

pan x 8 said...

Don't you love elementary school parking lots? I personally go 5 minutes early so I don't run into anyone and either get "beeped at or be tempted to beep at someone else!" BTW, why beep? Aren't we on the same page?

Funny post! ;p

annie valentine said...

It must be "write letters to minor school attendants with small bits of power" week. I'm fuming at our school nurse today. She's so gonna get it in the paper.

Melinda said...

Seriously I HATE elementary school parking lots--ridiculous!! I had another mom yelling at me at the beginning of the school year, and yes, she looked like a total idiot. :)

wendy said...

Written --like a true concerned parent.

ABrunettesLife said...

Oh, I can hardly wait for crazy safety patrol ladies. My daughter starts school next year. I hope this lady visits my school. So sorry I missed this!

Sher said...

Ha ha!!! You're funny.
I voted for you on MMB! Just wanted to tell you.

Carolyn said...

It just gets better all the time.

You got my vote! Good Luck!

Melissa Bastow said...

That's really hilarious. Mainly because here EVERY day after school the parking aids feel the need to move traffic through like airport personal. I'm surprised they haven't invested in those fancy orange beacon thingies to wave around. Because really, it's MAY, we all know how to pick up our kids already.

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.