May 29, 2009

Random Friday

So, we gave in and bought a new TV. I don't like it. I feel like if I even touch it, it will shatter into a million pieces. John bumped the screen last night with the cord and it blipped for a second. So glad we got the warranty to go with it.

*****************************************************

My four year old just ran in the house singing "Hit me with your best shot!" I love it when she does stuff like that. My husband told me that one day when he was driving with the girls it came on the radio and they both belted the whole song. It was a proud day for me.

*****************************************************

Update on the SusUnders: (thanks to Wonderwoman, they have a name!) I haven't quite perfected the actual product but I have discovered that thin, 1/8 in. ribbon tied around belt loops, while effective, is very uncomfortable. I am working on further options.

*****************************************************

Today was my 2nd daughter's last day of preschool. And I was surprisingly sad. I don't really know why. Maybe it is because I absolutely love her teacher and I will miss having one of my kids in her class, but my son will be old enough to go into preschool in 2010. So I will only really miss one year. I'm actually a little nervous that she will stop teaching. She has been doing it out of her basement for 17 years. I'm hoping for at least 5 more years because then I can get both of my boys through her preschool. (If you live near West Jordan and are looking for an excellent and very affordable preschool teacher, email me and I'll give you her info.)

****************************************************

My baby isn't crawling. But he wants to crawl. Without ever having to be on his stomach. He gets so frustrated. He can sit up by himself, and when a toy gets out of his reach he lunges for it and ends up on his stomach which infuriates him. I have taken to letting him deal for a few minutes to see if he can figure it out, and then I sit him back up. I hope he crawls soon. I am tired of the lunging onto his face. . .

I think that's all. I have to go clean my house now. . . blah

11 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Good luck with the TV!

~Thought's By Dena~ said...

great random thoughts!!!!!

Rochelle said...

Good luck with the sus-unders. I'm excited for the finished product!

Carolyn said...

Dark day. I loathed the new TV when it came. But I'm used to it now. It is only mildly irritating.

Heidi Ashworth said...

Sounds like you need to have the kid do some pull ups to strengthen those arm muscles (JK) (duh!) I feel the same way about cars as you do new TV's. I pretty much go out and key any new car we buy so that I can get over the stress of wondering when that first ding or dent will occur.

Linds said...

I gave in earlier this year and let Dan buy a big flat screen to put in the art niche above the fireplace. It replaced a beautiful piece of iron artwork I had there. Unless it involves Brad Pitt, TV just isn't art.

pan x 8 said...

I have not given in but am so close to it!! My husband wants the one with all the works and I'm thinking what? we have still one that works!

Haven't gotten your email, so it on over and we'll hook you up! ;p

Melinda said...

He'll be crawling soon, the stages feel so fast after they've past! :D I like our tv, its nice and big and WHATEVER. I just don't care about it. :)

wonder woman said...

When you said you'll have a child old enough for her preschool in 2010, I actually thought, "That's a long time. I didn't thin her kids were that far apart."

Then I realized THAT'S NEXT YEAR.

holy crap.

janae said...

I'm still trying to convince my husband that 80s music is the best music ever. I mean, honestly! It is! Why does no one else seem to understand that?!

Debbie said...

I've been thinking of my younger ones and school too. Funny how the end of the year puts a lot on your mind.

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.