May 7, 2009

This morning. . .

1. Oldest daughter was up, dressed and had gotten herself breakfast at 7:00 today in preparation for her first field trip to the zoo. (this would be good except that she woke up both me and baby in the process.)

2. Oldest son pooped through his jammies again, forcing an early morning bath. Both boys got thrown in.

3. Baby peed all over me while I was trying to lotion him up. (both boys suffer from eczema something fierce)

4. Husband slept late and was therefore unable to take oldest daughter to school.

5. Fought with baby for about 30 minutes to get him to take nap.

6. Finally went to go take shower. . . oh, wait. We have no water. Blaming numerous trucks and other large machinery down the street.

(Why this really sucks: I miss my showering opportunity now while baby is sleeping, I probably won't get another one until around 2 this afternoon. . . Grrrrrrrr.)

Want to know a way to brighten my day? Go vote for me! Today is the last day. . .

11 comments:

Mallory said...

Just be grateful that the minute the water is shut off you don't get struck with diarrhea! (<---True story, and that is part of the reason why I chose to up and move to a better apartment, breaking my lease and and moving all within one week! That and the other, oh, 10X's the water was shut off.)

Carolyn said...

Just shower with the baby. Put baby in bouncer in the bathroom or just hold in the shower.

My kids loved when I did this. My 2-year-old still showers with me. I don't trust her alone in the house :0)

hippyrochelle said...

I would never shower if I had to wait for my baby to be asleep, she is a light sleeper and doesn't sleep long enough. I put her in the bouncer and face her toward the shower door so she can see me while I shower. It makes it SO much easier!

Momza said...

I did Vote for you! I'd vote again, but there's rules against that, I think.

A bit of old woman advice here:
Don't sweat the small stuff. Yes, it's inconveniant--but I promise you, in a year from now, you won't even remember this day--unless you read about it on your blog, then you'll go, "Oh yeah, that sucked!"
lol Hang in there little momma...

~Thought's By Dena~ said...

oooh being a mom...good times good times..((HUGZ))

wendy said...

Peed on, poop everywhere --no shower, what more could you ask for in a great day (tee,he)
Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes from Lord of the Rings -- something that went like this --no chance at success, surety of defeat, what are we waiting for.

janae said...

Both Sam and I have eczema and all three kids have it in varying degrees. You might already have one, and if you don't you surely don't have the thousands of dollars it would cost, but the greatest decision we ever made in our house in Utah was to get a water softener. And we made our water extra soft. It took Sam a couple weeks to get used to it (I grew up with one since my parents were brilliant), but once he did he fell in love. It's so nice not to feel itchy all day and to constantly be lathering yourself in lotion!

I hope your day gets better! ;)

SO said...

yikes. That is one not so fun day. I hope you get your water back fast. I hate that.

Kristina P. said...

Sounds like a fun day full of poo. I think you need some I'm a Slave For Poo diapers.

Melinda said...

Hey, it's 3:00 and I still haven't showered, thats supposed to be a bad thing? haha Sorry its been so cruddy!

pan x 8 said...

Days like that I just say What the? and stay in my jammies all day so the hubby can see what a grand day it was!! ;o

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.