June 5, 2009

Coveting with a vengence. . .productively

Today at Sam's club I found an adorable little red laptop. It was less than $400. I have been longing for a laptop for some time now.

Currently, my computer time is limited to when the baby is awake or so far gone to dream land that if I type really, really slowly and quietly, I don't wake him up. This is not conducive to blogging or paying bills, or really doing anything on the computer.

So when I saw that little laptop today, I had to have it. But, I managed to keep my hands off of it. However, I did update the look of my blog, did you notice? It currently includes ways to make money. It's the least I can do to take an honest step towards that (or really any, I'm not picky) laptop.

Next step: Search the house for items I can sell online. . .

11 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I bought a mini laptop a few weeks ago when I found out my schedule was changing. My husband takes our regular laptop to work with him for school.

So now, I can blog and watch TV, since I have to do all of it during the day.

Terresa said...

Oooh, I have a list of house items to sell online, too. Most of the time though, I'm blogging instead of doing anything like making good on my intentions...like right now. ;)

Carolyn said...

I have so much stuff I want to sell but no time to sell it. And I'm allergic to yard sales. (Having them not going to them.)

Good Luck

Linds said...

I know how you feel. I've been coveting the cricut for a while now, but everything else seems to take priority (sigh). Too bad I don't get paid for changing diapers.

Erin said...

I hate it when I am coveting something I can't really afford. I hope you make hundreds of dollars right away so you can purchase it :)

pan x 8 said...

I am totally looking for a way to purchase that "goodie" for me too! But it cannot come out of my regular budget. Good for you! Let me know how the ad on your blog works for you 'cause I was thinking of doing it myself but haven't taken the plunge!

Good for you girl!!!

GRAMEE said...

i too have been wanting a laptop fro sometime!

life isn't fare grumpy and oldest girl child have their own and i have to sit in uncomfortable computer chair while they relax on the couch!

i should sell somethings also..
maybe their comfy couch!..lol

Debbie said...

Good luck on the laptop fund. Hubby bought one for me while I was out of town about 6 months ago. I think he knew he had to make up (in a big way) for shaving our 15 month old baby (who once had curly locks) totally bald without my knowledge.

Melinda said...

Good luck! I really hope you can get it, we REALLY need a new computer but they're so dang expensive, who knows when/how we're ever going to get one! Let us know how the ads go!

Melissa Bastow said...

Yeah, I have serious laptop covetousness as well. Mine was made right before they invented fire, and right after the dinosaurs kicked the bucket. A red one would be nice...

wendy said...

Dang, you should have got the little red laptop. I'll get back to ya when I get home from Canada my friend.

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.