June 11, 2009

Sprinkles

We suffered through ate lunch at McDonald's in celebration of the last day of Kindergarten. After being there less than 30 minutes my oldest tripped on a ball and came limping over to me sobbing. I wasn't too concerned at first, because this is a fairly common occurrence and the injury is usually minimal. But when I asked to see her foot, I could see it was already swelling. Visions of the urgent care danced through my head as I filled up a bag of ice an put it on her foot. Apparently it wasn't as bad as I thought it was, because she was up and walking again with no trouble at all.

As we were walking to the car she asked if we had to go see the doctor. I told her that we didn't. I said that I thought she might have a sprained ankle, but since she could walk just fine and the swelling was minimal, that I was wrong. All was well.

A few hours later her little sister came hopping into my bedroom. "I think that I have sprinkles," she announced. I was confused and she hopped over to me and held up her ankle.
"Remember how you thought Eden had sprinkles? Well I think I have them too." She showed me a scab on her ankle and it clicked. I managed to keep from laughing, but couldn't keep from smiling as I sent her back to clean her room. A few minutes later I heard her jump off the top bunk. I'm pretty sure her "sprinkles" won't be bothering her any more. . .

8 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Your kids are adorable.

Rochelle said...

Sprinkles! That's funny!

Jodie said...

That is too cute!

Mallory said...

Hilarious! And I see you successfully have used a strike. Way to go!

wonder woman said...

Not 3 minutes ago, the kids were saying funny, random things that were cracking me up. I need to write them down.

I will never look at sprinkles the same way.....

I'm excited to see you tomorrow!

Melinda said...

Hahahahahaha! I love it! Kids make up the funniest words for stuff, my oldest still cannot stop asking dad when he has to mow the lawn, if he's "mowlawning". :)

Diamond in the Rough said...

That's funny. I love how kids see the world.

pan x 8 said...

So funny!

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.