June 18, 2009

Why my insurance company is stupid

Actual Conversation:

Her: Hi, this is ***. How can I help you?

Me: Hi. We got this statement in the mail with a few problems on it. First of all, there is no name on it, so I don't know who it's for. Second of all, none of the services are covered.

Her:


*crickets chirping*


Me: Hello?

Her: Um, so are you the subscriber?

Me: No, my husband ****.

Her: Can you give me the subscriber number?

Me: ******

Her: Can you confirm the services provided?

Me: (list services)

Her: Who was this service done for?

Me: I don't know. It doesn't say.

Her: So what was your question?

At this point I may have lost my temper and snapped at her about the fact that there is NO NAME ON THE STATEMENT (for the third time). At which point she realized that the Dentist's office had Tayleigh's birthday wrong, and therefore would cover no services provided until that was cleared up.

And guess what day our dentist's office just happens to be closed? Yep. Thursday.

10 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Booo, How frustrating!

Carolyn said...

And our husbands wonder what we do all day long....

also known as shell said...

lol Carolyn!

I really really hate dealing with insuarance! I feel your pain!

Rochelle said...

I think its a requirement of insurance companies to be stupid!

Linds said...

Is this what God meant when he warned Adam and Eve about noxious weeds?

wonder woman said...

Here's your (her) sign.

janae said...

I hate dealing with insurance companies! We had Aetna for about a year once and they DROVE ME CRAZY!! I don't think we had a single visit that they charged correctly. And about half of them they wouldn't cover at all - because they kept saying I was going to the InstaCare in Springville and not our doctor's office in Provo. I'd call them and tell them, and they'd say,

"Well you went to Springville."

"No. I didn't. I've never been to the Springville office."

"Well that's where you went."

"Look, I don't even know where the Springville office is. I have never been there. I went to the same place I have ALWAYS gone to."

"Well, we don't cover any costs at the Springville office."

"That's fine because I DIDN'T GO THERE. I went to the Provo one, like I always do!"

I would get so angry!!

Debbie said...

I love insurance companies. They always make me feel warm and fuzzy. No not really. Grrrr.

Liz @ Sugarplum Creations said...

Do not even get me started on insurance companies!

Sher said...

I think all insurance companies are stupid.

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.