July 23, 2009

Poor Sport



Some friends invited us to go boating last weekend. A week before leaving for CA. For normal people, this would not be that big of a deal. For anxiety riddled me, it was. I agreed grudgingly to go for 2 reasons.


1. It would require me going shopping for lunch supplies and snacks. Which we were pretty much out of. If we had eaten at home, I could have pulled something together, but without a microwave our options were limited to sandwiches. And we were out of bread. So I had to go shopping. Which resulted in (as I knew it would) my buying unnecessary chips, cookies and candy. As well as supplies to make my own gourmet birthday cake. But that is a story for another day.

2. The "friends" who invited us was one of my husband's friends at work. Who happens to be a skinny blond female. Who, I must admit, is about the nicest girl there is. Which in a way makes it worse. But I digress.

So we went. We took the kids on the boat. Some loved it, some hated it. It rained on us for most of the time. And I took my oldest on the inner tube. Which shocked my husband.

The next day we were conversing about the experience as a whole.

"Did you have fun on the inner tube?" he asks me.

"Yeah, I did."

"Really?"

"Does that surprise you?"

"It does actually." He has the gall to respond.

"Why? Because I'm no fun and I hate everything?"

"Well, yeah. . ."

Apparently my reputation proceeds me. ..

9 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Hey, I've eaten Italian food with you. You love fun!

Rochelle said...

Awe...not a nice thing to say. I'm sure you're lots of fun!

Emmy said...

My husband was surprised when I jumped off the big rock at my friends pond. He said "you did? But you never even get your head wet when we go swimming."

So I guess there is some element in surprise in all of us :)

Liz @ Sugarplum Creations said...

I'm thinking my husband would say the same about me ;)

Melinda said...

hahaha I bet you're tons of fun, we just don't get a lot of chances when we have little kids to take care of all the time! ;)

Melissa Bastow said...

I'm sure you used to be way fun. And skinny and blond and nice, for that matter. And I bet that you would have used to jump at the chance to go boating and ride tubes and be the life of the stinking boating party. And then you had kids. Kids are fun/skinny/blond/nice/life of party killers. My husband usually just makes comments like, "You used to be fun, what happened?" KIDS.

Debbie said...

You are fun and I know it. Silly husband.

wendy said...

That was dang funny. Well, YOU SHOWED HIM, you are too fun and like everthing!!!!! or made a good atempt at it anyway.
Probably won't be able to check in on you again until September once I get moved and HIGH SPEED. crap, I will miss my blogger friends.

Linds said...

You're loads of fun! Don't let him tell you otherwise.

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.