July 30, 2009

Well, we're back. . . in the car again*



Some highlights from our family vacation:

Terrorizing bunnies under the guise of feeding them

Watching 22 kids in the pool and sincerely hoping hoping that I don't have to jump in to save any of them.

Watching my son splash around happily in a puddle of lemonade.

Use every possible avenue to get my camera battery recharged after it died the 3rd day we were there, and fail.

Seeing two nephews who are now taller than me and a niece that I have never seen before.

Eating the best fish tacos EVER.





Favorite quotes:

SIL: "What do you think they did before going into that dangerous situation?"

niece: "They said a prayer."

SIL: "I'm glad someones parents were teaching them right."

niece: "Actually I learned that in church."


My daughter, contemplating the mysteries of life: "When an old person is reading a book and then it gets light, but it's not really light and then they turn 100 and die, is that how it happens?"


Leaving is actually quite bitter sweet. On the one hand, I am so ready to be home and sleep in my own bed with my children in their OWN ROOMS and hopefully sleeping through the night once again. I am ready for the smell of chlorine to finally leave my girls hair.

On the other hand however, I have to leave the people I have spent the last week with, spent hours and hours of time with and for some of them not know when I am going to see them again.
And that is the hard part. I count myself lucky though. Some people go through life hating or only tolerating their in laws. I was lucky enough to marry into a family that I simply adore. No, they're not perfect. Most of them have annoyed me at some point or another. But hey, isn't that what brothers and sisters are supposed to do?

*written monday on the drive home

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I always feel like I need a vacation after my vacation.

Linds said...

Awww! We love you too Rachel...even if we're a bit annoying. =)

wonder woman said...

I love your quotes. And I feel the same way about my own in-laws. Love 'em to pieces.

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.