July 9, 2009

You are what you. . .

Don't take too long to think about it: fifteen books you've read that will always stick with you. Make sure it's the first fifteen you can recall in no more than 15 minutes.

1. Harry Potter. All of them.

2. Princess Bride

3. Ender's Game

4. The Hundred Secret Senses

5. Pride and Prejudice

6. Cry the Beloved Country

7. Tale of Two Cities

8. Animal, Vegetable, Miracle

9. In the time of Butterflies

10. Matilda

11. Tess of the D'Urbervilles

12. The Screwtape Letters

13. Flowers for Algernon

14. Of Human Bondage

15. Anna Karennina


P.S. Don't you hate it when you miss the FedEx guy who is bringing your new laptop by 3 minutes? Yeah, me too.

P.P.S. Don't you really hate it when you go to lay your baby down on a chair to change his diaper, but in the process notice a big brown spider just sitting there? And when you go to smash it with your shoe all these little tiny brown things come flying out and you realize that they are baby spiders? And then you feel like crying? Yeah. I hate that pretty bad, too.

10 comments:

Kristina P. said...

It's really, really sad when I can't think of 15 books!

Melia said...

Only 15? What a challenge!
How about:

Mila 18
Pride and Prejudice,
White Goats and Black Bees
The Camelot Caper
The whole Narnia series
anything by David McCullough
The Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler
The Valley of Decision
The Tightwad Gazette
Harry Potter
The Little House on the Prairie series (But Farmer Boy is my favorite--it always makes me hungry for some reason.)
Jesus the Christ
the collective Calvin and Hobbes comics
The French Farmhouse Cookbook
History of Costume

(Also-rans: Texas; I'm a Stranger Here Myself; the Plantagenet series by Thomas Costain; Eats, Shoots & Leaves; The Secret of Chimneys)

And the spider thing? Eeeeeeeeeks!

wonder woman said...

I'd hate those things too. Alot. I'm always scared of killing spiders because of that.

Alright, 15 books. Twilight series, Book of Mormon, Work and the Glory series, My sister's keeper, Second glance, In Plain Truth, The Peacegiver, Potentially Sne Mother's Guide to Raising Young Children, the Tenth Circle, And They Were Not Ashamed.

That's about 15, give or take.

Carolyn said...

Sorry about the spiders. Great list...I need to check at least two of them out at the library!

Linds said...

Love a lot of those books.

I went to smash a scorpion once and then jumped back in fright when the 20 plus baby scorpions scattered off it's back. Eeek!

Erin said...

Ew ew ew! Gross spiders! And yeah, I'm really sorry about the FedEx guy too. Great books!

Melissa Bastow said...

Eeeeeeeeew, baby spiders......eeeeeeeeeeew. And 3 minutes, huh? That's frustrating.

pan x 8 said...

I'm shivering about the spiders! I HATE them! And that is a very impressive list of books off the top of your head in 15 minutes!

Loralee and the gang... said...

The spider-baby thing has happened to me before, too! It is the weirdest, strangest, sickest sight I have ever seen, and never hope to see again!
:~D

annie valentine said...

I have no problem killing spiders with my fingers. My girlfriend thinks I'm disgusting. But a spider family? Not enough fingers.

I would add to your list Peace Like A River, The Hobbit, Jane Eyre, all the Dragon of Pern books (cause I'm a loser like that), and Cold Sassy Tree.

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.