August 18, 2009

Chivalry is NOT dead!

I was a substitute in my daughter's primary class on Sunday. I didn't have to teach: I was just there for crowd control. As singing time was drawing to a close and every one was catching their breath after singing a rousing version of Families can be together forever, while jumping up and down, (this primary chorister is a genius, by the way) I was privy to a conversation that made my heart flutter.

Across the aisle from me sat the 7 year old class. Four boys and one girl. I remember those days. . . That one little girl sat slightly apart at the end of the row with her arms crossed in front of her. She gave a slight shiver and the little boy sitting next to her noticed.

"Are you cold?" He asked as he began to shed his outer layer.

"No," she replied. "I'm fine. Just got the chills."

"Are you sure?" He pressed, the outer shirt almost off.

"I'm sure." And back on went the shirt.

I need to meet this boy's mother and tell her what a good job she is doing raising her son.

17 comments:

Amateur Steph said...

That is one great 7-year-old.

I have about 25 size 4 diapers still if you would like them. I think I'm a little further North than you. My email is chambers dot steph at gmail dot com. Drop me a line and we'll figure it out.

Kristina P. said...

What a great kid!

Melinda said...

Awwwww I love that story! We need more nice little boys, so sweet! Missed you while I was gone by the way! :)

~Thought's By Dena~ said...

awww that is a sweet story!!! I bet mom loved it when you told her about it!!

MommyJ said...

that is the sweetest thing I have heard all day. :)

Emmy said...

Yeah! We have taught my son "ladies first" and lately he is saying and doing it all of the time.
Yeah something sunk in :)

Erin said...

How cute! I want to teach my boys how to be like that!

Liz @ Sugarplum Creations said...

Awwwww, I love it! Just when I was losing faith in boys ;)

wonder woman said...

Just another reason to love little boys. See if you can get surveillance footage from their home so I can see how his mom does it.

p.s. have you read "Austenland?" Shannon Hale?

Linds said...

What a sweetie!

Terresa said...

What a sweet boy. Reminds me of my husband.

That Girl said...

THere are not enough Ws in the universe to do awwwwwwwwwwwww justice.

Lourie said...

Now that is just awesome. Yes his Mom is teaching him well!

Carolyn said...

So sweet. I hope he retains some of that past the gauntlet of middle school.

Carolyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sher said...

Wish I could say that was my son. Make me think I need to be a better mother.

Debbie said...

So cute! I love little people.

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.