September 18, 2009

Random Friday

You know how ambidextrous means that you are good at using both your hands? Well, is there a word for using both your hands and your feet? Not that I am ambidextrous, I do favor my right hand. But I don't think I would survive if I didn't have my feet. And I don't mean for walking. I use my feet for everything--picking up toys and garbage, shutting doors, opening doors, motivating children. . . the list goes on.

Especially when I'm big pregnant. I rely very heavily on the use of my feet.

(hey, the title says RANDOM Friday, does it not?)

**********************************************

I have a bad tendency to start projects and then never finish them. Or get really big, great ideas about projects that I could do and then never do them. For example, I started painting the shed in June. I am not done.

I bought a whole bunch of frames from the dollar store to spray paint black and create a photo gallery going up my staircase. I ended up taking them back.

I bought new drawer knobs for my sons dresser months ago. I finally put a new one on a couple weeks ago, then decided to wait to put the rest of them on after I get the dresser painted. So there is one mismatching knob on his dresser.

I cleared one small section of the weedy backyard and laid down ground cover and wood chips. The entire rest of the backyard is still a huge mess.

I spray painted 3 out of 4 lawn chairs.

I have a problem. . .

*************************************

I missed the season premiere of 2 of my favorite shows. I am so pathetic. But I am bummed. I am going to rearrange my day tomorrow in order to find time to watch them on the Internet.

Yes. Let's say it again. I am pathetic.

**********************************

I was very disappointed with NBC yesterday. I tend to turn on the TV while I nurse the baby in the morning. I had it on the Today Show.
"We're live from a police stakeout from this Super 8 Motel in New Haven, Connecticut. (as they show a picture of it.) We have been told that there are several unmarked police cars in the parking lot waiting for this suspect to exit the building so that they can arrest him. "

HELLO! Um, don't you think he might just have the TV on in his motel room? He's never going to come out!

And then, they pulled out the gold standard of reporting: the suspect's best friend from 1st grade, and his childhood neighbor, at whose children he yelled at when he was a teenager.
Both gave stunning examples of how he must be a murderer.

Not that I doubt the police work, but seriously. NBC, you are better than that.

************************************

Have a great weekend!

And don't forget to enter the giveaway!

13 comments:

Liz @ Sugarplum Creations said...

I use my feet a lot too! It's just so much easier to pick something up with my foot than to bend over, baby in tow, to pick it up with my hand.

Are you a gemini? I have a major problem starting projects and not finishing. Sometimes I just commit to a project and don't even get around to starting. sigh.

Linds said...

I have an amazing grasp ability with my toes. If my husband gets too close to my side of the bed he gets a nasty toe pinch!

Maybe we should all trade. I'll finish your projects if you'll finish mine!

~Thought's By Dena~ said...

I agree with Linds...lets just all do a switch-a-roo of projects and maybe we'd get something done!!!

Kristina P. said...

I don't finish project either! I get bored.

The Boob Nazi said...

Did you miss The Office or just don't watch it? Because I don't know how I felt about it. (I won't include spoilers)

Rochelle said...

I totally start projects that I never finish all the time. they just take too long!

Emmy said...

I want to do a picture collage thing at the top of my stairs in our landing area. A while back I picked out what pictures I wanted to get printed... 4 months later I bought the frames.. 1 month later, I have a bag full of frames and no pictues printed. this weekend though!! (ha-yeah right)

And I am totally with you about the feet thing. I can pinch with my toes :)

Lourie said...

Toes save backs! Especially when you are six feet tall. I have long toes so it makes it all the easier. All three of my kids can pick things up with their feet. Hubby can't. haha. Never thought of pinching with them! Hehehe. Projects....oh my where do I begin? I DVR favorite shows, watch them on the computer....I can't miss them!!!! You are not alone.

Melinda said...

I love using my feet too! haha
And I also never get my projects done, its insane. I hate it. :(

Carolyn said...

My toes are double jointed. I can move them independently of each other. How's that for a freakish confession?

As I get older I get better about finishing things, but it always takes twice as long as I think it will!

Chief said...

So what shows sis you miss? Just wonderin' what Rachel likes to watch

Stephanie said...

So, what are your 2 favorite shows? Now I'm curious... :)

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

Terresa said...

My project list is somewhere...along with some of your knobs & unfinished frames, and my quilt squares I started five years ago with good intentions. I'm on the verge of chucking all that stuff out and just forgetting it. Wanna watch some TV?

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.