September 29, 2009

Tuesday Confessional


My girls have had drippy noses for weeks now. I'm pretty sure they have both been cursed with the allergies my husband and I both have. With the drippy noses comes the constant (and wasteful) use of tissues, which results in an overflowing garbage in the bathroom. . . which led to a memory

A few years ago, shortly after we moved to Utah, some family came into town and we invited them over for dinner on Sunday evening. I can't remember if it was a spur of the moment invite, or if it just didn't occur to me that they would want a tour of the house. So, minutes before they arrived I was running through the house making sure that things were socially acceptable. I ran in to the bathroom and found the infamous overflowing garbage--all daintily used toilet paper.

I'm not quite sure what my thought process was. I don't know if I was thinking that it was too much work to actually take the garbage out (being a Sunday and all) or if I just didn't have enough time. Either way, the solution was clear: I started picking up pieces of toilet paper and chucking them in the toilet.

Now you know the secret to my quick cleaning tricks. . .


10 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Hey, works for me!

That Girl said...

Good idea! Do you think it works with toys?

Rochelle said...

too bad it doesn't work with everything....

Emmy said...

Awesome! And hey, you are helping the environment, because then they dissolve in the water instead of going in the landfills right!?!

wonder woman said...

I thought you were going to say you just dumped them all in the toilet at once and clogged the toilet. 'Cuz that's something that would definitely happen to me.

Chief said...

you are a wonder! Truly!

wendy said...

You do what you gotta girlfriend. We should all be sharing our "secret" house cleaning, tidy up ideas eh.

Karen said...

Nice tip......just don't check out what's under my bed.

Lourie said...

I am going to remember that one! Hahaha.

janae said...

Oh yeah, love that trick. I figured it out when I was about 12 and my chore was the bathroom. I never have told my mom about it. ;) Really, so brilliant!

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.