November 20, 2009

Random Friday

So, I've gotten a few comments about my comment prompt.  Basically, everyone wants 5 bucks from me.  But what I want to know is, has anyone picked up on the reference there?  Is no one as in love with Mo Willems books as I am?

**************************************

Just for some ideas, what is the best homemade Christmas present that you have ever gotten?

***************************************

So I've had a bad week when it comes to sticking my foot in my mouth. for those of you around me, I apologize because I think I have probably offended everyone that I have come in contact with.

**************************************

I discovered a wonderful thing in a moment of weakness.  After a bad evening full of 2 clinging, crying children, dried poop on the floor, spilled food, and I had had it.  I tried to go for a slightly healthy evening snack.  Popcorn.  And then I dumped a bag of m&m's in the bowl.  Try it.  And dump them in as soon as the popcorn comes out of the microwave. Very, very good.

*************************************

I'm almost done buying Christmas presents!  As for the ones that have to be made, well, for the next week the house will be a mess.   But I am determined!  Wish me luck!

11 comments:

wonder woman said...

Best homemade christmas present.........a quillow from my grandma.

I regularly have to wash out my mouth to rid of the taste of feet. It's not pleasant.

Emmy said...

Good luck! The best homemade present was only semi homemade. I made a photo book through snapfish for my mom. It said things like "we love grandma because she takes us to the park" and then had pictures of my mom and kids at the park.
She loved it.

Popcorn and M&M's I will have to try it!

glitterbygrammie said...

I think the best homemeade present I have gotten was a few years ago. It was on mother's day. My daughters made em a scrap book of all the grandkids. It is one of those covered binders and we add to it regularly.
Also my grandaughter who was 9 at the time gave me her first ever scarf that she crocheted. It is crochet out of alpaca yarn and very very warm.

Barbaloot said...

Mmm...popcorn and m&m's. Sounds good!

Homemade gifts...I've never really received any, but every once in awhile I'll make video scrapbooks of certain events, or a picture calendar for my parents. They're fun and easy to do, and my parents seem to like them:)

Linds said...

"I'm a puppy lovin' pigeon." Love Mo Willems!

Best homemade gift...cinnamon rolls. Of course any homemade sweet goes over well in my house.

Lara said...

Sadly, I have never received a super wonderful homemade present (besides food items). But I did make one once that my mom loved.

I printed out some family pictures onto muslin pieces. (Very easy to do with freezer paper and an iron.) Then I incorporated them into a quilt. I had a lot of fun doing it.

Kristina P. said...

I can't think of a great homemade present I have received. I have gotten some CRAZY ones.

wendy said...

good luck with the homemade projects/gifts

I don't remember what one of my favorite homemade gifts was?? Of course I love anything my grandkids give me.

You haven't offended me ---don't worry. Sometimes we "offend" but it was not the intention. Things sometimes don't translate well from brain, to mouth, to tongue

and I LOVE the popcorn idea

blueviolet said...

Hey, don't tell me that you're almost done shopping! I can't know this!

Liz @ Sugarplum Creations said...

We give a lot of homemade gifts, but don't receive too many :( Probably the best I've received were from my Grandma. She made the most beautiful blankets and dolls for us.

And, YUM, on the popcorn w/ M&Ms. I'm definitely trying that.

That Girl said...

I don't have a Best Homemade Christmas Present. Maybe I'm too easy to please. Dunno.

I love my homemade puppet theater. I love my homemade ladder ball game set. I love my homemade Christmas decorations. I love my homemade sheepie that I can change to match the month.

I just love presents!

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.