December 11, 2009

Random Friday

So, I'm kind of back to blogging. Between getting the final touches done on Christmas presents and getting ready for the drive to CA and Christmas and family parties, I might get to read between 5 and 10 blogs a day. Which is more than it was before. But still, I kind of miss you guys.  I didn't really expect this when I started blogging.  But, you know what? It's totally worth it!

***************************************

Does any ones else feel the need to bake constantly just because it is Christmas time?  I have made 4 batches of cookies in 5 days.  Many of them have been given away. Except that I can't stop. I really want to make another batch.  Oh, this is bad. . .

*************************************

A little part of me wishes that there weren't Christmas parties.  Have you ever noticed that there are so many Christmas parties that it makes December stressful?  Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose?   Or is it just me?

***********************************

Do you ever notice someone commenting on all the same blogs that you comment on? And then think, "I should really go check out her blog, I bet I would like it."   And then think "But I already read so many blogs. Do I really have time for one more?"  What do you do?

**********************************

I fall all the time. It's kind of ridiculous. I have fallen down the stairs twice this week. I caught myself both times. but I still hurt my leg. I don't really know how. But it hurts. Seriously though,  I'm not a 3 year old. I should not be falling down so much.

14 comments:

Emmy said...

I usually don't read the comments that other bloggers leave on other people's blogs 1)it takes way too much time and 2) yes I would want to go check out their blog too. Now if someone new comments on my blog I definitely check out there blog and often end up becoming a follower.

Excited that you are coming to CA soon ;)

Lara said...

I do sometimes notice people like that. And I read WAY too many blogs, but I still check them out. What's one more. :)

Liz @ Sugarplum Creations said...

I feel so out of the loop if I miss out on a day of blog reading. But there are too many great ones out there, so sometimes I have to just check out a few at a time, you know, around 2am ;) Quit fallin' down, you're gonna hurt yourself! :)

Kristina P. said...

I agree with you on the baking. This time of year brings it out!

And yeah, no more blog hunting for me.

wonder woman said...

I made fudge the other day, but not really because it's Christmas time. I did it because DeNae is doing a tribute to fudge. Do you read her? Backordered life? She's one of those that I saw on a few blogs and thought she was funny/wise and started reading.

So, yeah. I do that. A LOT of the people I started blogging with have stopped or seriously backed off, and I'm needing new people.

Good thing it's winter. Boots and tights are great for concealing shin bruises. (Not that I would know anything about that.....)

Carolyn said...

I am a cookie baking addict from way back. The habit helped me transition from a life of recognition, cute pants suits, and salary to a world of sweat pants and slimy noses.

I found if you skip meals you can eat more cookies...not that it's the best diet...but...

The Boob Nazi said...

I read really fast, so I'm able to check out other blogs all the time. It's a blessing and a curse.

Barbaloot said...

I know of a place where you could send some cookies... :)

Merry Christmas!

Lourie said...

Careful driving here.

I want to bake. But I just haven't had the time. Life is too crazy.

Yes...too many parties. Now add to that, school programs, dances, church events, and it really gets stressful.

Sometimes I read other people's comments, sometimes not. If it is someone I know, then I read what they had to say just because I am nosy.

*Knock wood* I haven't had any falls lately. But I so know what you mean. I have days where I am either tripping, falling or hitting my head.

That Girl said...

Pick and choose. I used to read hundreds of blogs EVERY DAY. Now, not so much.

Remember my whole "friend box" thing? It absolutely applies to blogging.

Rochelle said...

you could just be anti-social to avoid the parties....that's how I am, although, not fully by choice.

I usually fall UP the stairs, not down...embarrassing.

Debbie / Cranberry Fries said...

This year my Christmas party calendar isn't as full as it could be. There was no way I was taking my three (though generally well-behaved) children to the ward party tonight by myself. I'd go into but then I'd have another paragraph for ya. :) But yes I agree, so many parties.

I usually check them out for a few days/weeks. If they few posts I run across are interesting I add them, if they haven't grabbed me in the few posts then I don't bother. Like you I'm barely keeping up with what I have right now.

blueviolet said...

I'm guilty of checking out the blogs. I can't keep up but somehow that doesn't seem to stop me.

I go nuts at Christmas with the baking and I'm trying to cut down because I don't want that much crap around. I'll eat it, ya know.

Sher said...

My girls are constantly asking me to bake cookies, brownies, fudge.

Lucky for me, being radioactive is agreat excuse to be lazy.

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.