January 29, 2010

Random Friday

Is there anything that four children (ages 6,5,2,1) and one adult can do while sitting on the couch all day BESIDES watch TV?  Anyone? Anyone?

******************************************
It is days like today (and yesterday) that make me wish that I had a maid. Or magical powers.  Yeah. Magical powers would definitely be better than a maid. Because then, not only would my house be cleaned, but my bills would be paid, my dishes would wash themselves and while I laid in bed, lunch would serve itself.  Do you think I can petition for that?

*****************************************

Usually by this point in January, I am so sick of snow and ready for spring. But this year, I think it has snowed twice this month. It's rained a couple of times.  So, it either needs to dump or warm up. Because the cold weather with the lack of snow is driving me CRAZY.  It looks warm outside.  The sun is shining, there is no snow on the ground and the sky is blue. But wait. It's 20 degrees outside.  I can handle 20 degrees when there is snow to go with it. But not, not, like this.

****************************************

When my 2 year old son wakes up he thinks it's morning. It doesn't matter if it's 10:30pm, 2:30am or 6:00am.  We have been dealing with this for about a week now.  It is driving me nuts.  I can't really turn on PBS kids at 2:30 and call it good. No, somehow I have to convince the most stubborn child on the planet that it is NOT morning and that he needs to go back to bed.  It's great.  Great.  Great. Great.

***************************************

I also think I would use my magical powers to get a better attitude.

Photobucket

13 comments:

Pam said...

Wow your life sounds identical to mine right now. I am not joking either. Is your son a little more than 2 because our 28 month daughter does the same thing as your son. SIGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tomorrow I hope will be better:)

That Girl said...

I'd be happy to join that petition with you.

For serious.

(My kid wants cereal every time he wakes up ...)

Rochelle said...

Can I get in on those magical powers?!

Kristina P. said...

I have to say, I will take the sun, even if it's cold.

wonder woman said...

We have had many discussions about "when the sun is awake." If you can't see the sun, you should still be in bed. (This is of course modified in the winter time.)

As far as being at home and not staring that TV all day -- I'm a big fan of having a friend over. Make cookies? Crafts with scissors and lots of glue? Scavenger hunts? Local library activities?

Emmy said...

When I used to live in the cold, my philosophy was the same.. if it is going to be cold we might as well have snow.

Sorry he is waking up so early.. that is just so hard.

Lourie said...

Here's a thought: Have them pretend to be stuff...rocks, rabbits, trees, etc. We do that sometimes. We also pretend to be other family members. Read.

temperatures that cold require snow! Nuff' said.

Ugh! My son is waking up from "bad dreams" at all different hours. He comes in, wakes me up, and then we tell him sleep on the floor kid. Now we aren't heartless. I have a few blankets piled up to make it softer.

magical powers...I am right there with you. I would get busted by the magic police though. For abusing said powers.

Better attitude...just add chocolate!

Camryn said...

Your kid does that too?! Yes, my 2 year old is having issues staying asleep. I'm so tired...what can you do? Sometimes I just go turn on Dora and he wears himself out after a few minutes, I can put him back in bed.

btw--I nominated you for an award on my blog. Thanks for being so open and relatable!

Liesl said...

I can read books to my kids for quite a while. Anything Roald Dahl, The Boxcar Children, The Magic Treehouse...or if that ain't working, get out the pot and pans and start a band. Make a fort out of the couch. Have a picnic on the floor with popcorn and hot chocolate.

Sometimes I wish I lived at Hogwarts or that I at least had a house-elf. I would be really nice to it, maybe even join S.P.E.W., but I would never give it clothes.

Sarah said...

Totally agree with the magical powers- and I only have 1! I just started networked blogs on facebook- so cool right> I'm a follower now!

Liz @ Sugarplum Creations said...

I'd like some of those magical powers too, please. I don't know what to tell you about your son waking up at all hours of the night. My girls wake up and then pile right in bed with us and drift right back to dreamland. 5 people in one bed can be a bit . . . snug.

wendy said...

My daughter Emma has a stubborn 2 year old too who doesn't believe in sleep.

I agree, either snow and be cold
or be sunny and green and warm

sheeesh---------
and we always have to believe in a little magic

Jo said...

If everyone had magical powers I would be out of a job!

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.