January 19, 2010

Oh, Happy Day



Thanks to the lovely Wonderwoman, I recieved the Happy 101 award,.which of course, makes me Happy!

And now for the 10 things that make me the happiest:

10. My laptop. My life is so much easier.  I can look up recipes in the kitchen, and follow them without having to print them out. I can check my email in bed. I can blog while I eat breakfast. I love it.

9. The fact that my girls are going off track on Friday.  3 whole weeks of all of my children all of the time.  Which also means that I don't have to wake up 5 days a week to make lunch.  Which also means that I don't have to feel guilty about making my kids do chores, because there is still the rest of the day to play!

8. Friends.  I'm including my sister and SIL in this one.  I love having girlfriends to talk to. Don't get me wrong, I love talking to my husband, but there are certain things that he just doesn't get, and probably never, simply because of his gender.  So, to all the women in my life who have given me advice or made me laugh, you make me happy.

7. My kids.  Sometimes, I am surprised when I realize I have 4 and the baby is already 15 months.  They are adorable, fun, and for the most part, well behaved kids. I don't know what I would do without them.  They really are my joy.

6. PBS kids.  When the above children are not well behaved or when I need to take a shower, thank the stars for PBS kids.  Because without it, I may just go completely crazy. And I would most definitely stink.

5. Two cars that work.  I do not know what I would do without them. And I take them for granted, all the time.

4. My frugality. I went to DI last week. I got a hat box for $1.  I have always wanted a hat box. No real reason, I have just always thought they are so cool.  I got a nice wooden shelf for $2, that just needs a coat of paint.  I got a framed magnet board for $1.  And yesterday, I went to Old Navy and stocked up for next winter.  They are having a 50% off all clearance, if you are interested. It was a great day.  Days like that make me happy.

3. My family.  And in this one I am including my parents, my in laws, my nieces and nephews, my aunts and uncles and so on.  I am incredibly lucky to have a close extended family.  I love seeing them and catching up with them, and everyone is so willing to offer help to each other, or just a shoulder. I get to be part of a great family.  And it makes me happy.

2. My husband. Sometimes, I really do take him for granted, but I love him more, than I think I even realize.  He is a sweetheart and I love talking to him and spending time with him.  He makes me happy.

1. My Savior. I can't really make a list about things that make me happy and leave this one off.  All hope that I have is because of Him. He is the purest source of happiness in my life.


And for 10 bloggers deserving the award:

1. Melinda.  Who needs a little extra happy in her life.  So, all of you send happy thoughts her way. . .
2. Liz at Sugarplum Creations. This is one great mom, who home schools her 3 adorable girls and inspires me with her creativity all of the time!
3. Melissa at Because I can't get enough of myself. Who also needs a little extra happy right now.  And some extra vitamin C. . .
4. Heather at A Goddess in Progress. If you need some extra motivation for excersising head on over, she'll hook you up.
5. Mommy J at Mommy Snark.  She is funny and inspiring and a great writer, despite what others may think.
6. Barbara at Barbaloot Suit.  This girl may just live inside my brain, because I feel like half the posts she writes, I totally could have.  I think we would be very good friends, if we ever get the chance to meet!
7. Emmy at Emmy Mom. This girl is an aspring photographer, althoguh in my opinion, it won't take her long to get where she wants to go.  Just look at these!
8. Lara at Overstuffed. Lara is a new blog friend and I have enjoyed reading about her first winter in a new state, full of fluffy white stuff.
9. Linds at the Walden Family. This lovely girl is my sister in law, and a great friend.   If you ever want to meet an amazing mom, look no further.
10. And last but not least, this is for all the craft blogs that I have been addicted too for the last few months. I don't think I'm ever going to buy anything again.  I can just make it!

7 comments:

Lourie said...

Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy! Congrats to you. I loved your happy list.

Emmy said...

Congrats on the award and thanks! :)

I so miss DI. Eric and I used to go once a week and find new games. The DI in Lehi/American Fork never taped their games closed so we could peak to see if it had most of the pieces. I mean Battleship for $2.00! And the games that we ended up not liking.. we well just donated them back :)

Lara said...

Thank you muchly for the award! :)

I hate making lunches. I've started putting everything in their boxes but the sandwich the night before, but even that seems so difficult at 7:00 in the morning! Enjoy your time off!

I miss DI. We have Goodwill, but since it's a pretty small town there isn't a lot to choose from.

MommyJ said...

Well thanks. :) I'm definitely happier for having read your post. And never fear... I'm nearly ready to submit my manuscript once again. Rejection hurts, but it has to happen sometime. I'm pressing on and still smiling. :)

The Boob Nazi said...

I wish I could get such great deals! I never find anything at DI or cheap places, darnit.

Kristina P. said...

I wish I could be frugal. Sigh.

Linds said...

Aww, shucks! Thanks for thinking of me. I'd like to thank all the little people. Without you I wouldn't be recieving this award. And to my agent and publicist too of course.

PBS Kids rocks! And you Utahns are lucky to have DI. It's almost like going to a super cheap department store. The Goodwill in Texas doesn't quite have the same standards.

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.