January 5, 2010

Tuesday Confessional

Every year around New Year's, my family gets together for a slightly unorthodox tradition.

Dinner.

But not just any dinner.  As my daughter would say, it's like one big snack.

Chips. (Tortilla and Potato). Dips. (Bacon and Onion (the favorite), clam, nacho, fiesta, pico de gallo (which can hardly be demoted to a dip)).  Cheese. (Havarti, Colby, marinated Mozzeralla)  Meat. (Pepperoni, Salami, Hickory Farms summer sausage (mmmmm)).  Crackers.  Cheese ball. And for my dad, pickled herring, Cajun salmon, Cajun green olives, marinated Portabellas, cocktail onions (but no cocktails).  No kippers or pickled pigs feet this year.

This is the best dinner ever. And one I look forward to all year.

As my sister says,  we make our resolutions on January 2.

11 comments:

Momza said...

Family time around a table is GREAT!!
And just a fyi- I love havarti cheese melted with ham. Yum.

wonder woman said...

Sometimes this is our New Year's meal, sometimes it's Cajun-seasoned catfish. And we watch Fiddler on the Roof. It makes me happy.

Emmy said...

Mmmmm now that dinner sounds good! I would love a dinner like that.

Barbaloot said...

Uh...where's the chocolate in all that?

glitterbygrammie said...

The menu sounds like Super Bowl sunday at my house. We don't even watch football but it is agreat excuse to eat all that wonderful food and lay around. Just laughing and talking.

Kristina P. said...

That sounds amazing!

Liesl said...

On New Years Eve we make a dip with cream cheese, mayonnaise, swiss cheese, bacon and almonds.

We only eat it once a year.

We call it Heart Attack Dip.

The Boob Nazi said...

I wish my lunch were as delicious as this sounds.

That Girl said...

I'm liking this. A lot.

Lourie said...

My resolutions don't start....ever. :P That sounds like a great time.

blueviolet said...

That sounds like a really fun feast!

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.