February 19, 2010

Random Friday

Last night I went with my parents, my grandma, and my cousins to see the BYU Cougarettes in concert. It was incredible. They are all such talented dancers.
This is my lovely cousin Jessica. This is her last year on Cougarettes.  Why?  Because she leaves on a mission to Rochester, NY at the end of May.  We are so excited for you Jess!

*****************************************
Now, humor my dance opinions.  My favorite, favorite dances are the ones that tell a story and invoke an emotion.  My least favorite dances are when to focus is "Look how high I can kick!  Look how many times I can do the splits!"  And I'm really impressed with the Cougarettes because I'm going to say the majority of the dances were in the former category. And, of course, there were the dances that were just plain fun. But that's a different category all together.

Being there made me want to start dancing again.  Maybe someday. . .
*****************************************

Questions of the week:

1. Where do I buy peanut sauce?
2. How do you make wontons?

*****************************************

You guys are awesome. I got some great ideas from your comments yesterday. I think that I'm going to attempt apple green in the bathroom. I also think that I'm going to paint my cabinets black and put on new knobs.  And I'm mulling over a few different ideas for the living room wall.  But first: My girls room. I got the paint.  Next Monday, their room is getting a makeover.

I'm really excited about all of this. I should have done it a long time ago. But when we moved in and for a long time after, my mindset was that we would live here for 2 years and then move on.  Well, 2 1/2 years later we refinanced.  So, we're here for a little while. And it's about time that I do something to make this house feel a little bit more like home.  So, on the docket this year:
1. Girls Room
2. Small Bathroom
3. My Bedroom
4. Kitchen Cabinets

I'll let you know how it goes. . .
Photobucket

13 comments:

just call me jo said...

Glad if anything I said helped. Go for the green apple. Don't get too pastel. Go bold green apple...be brave.

Barbaloot said...

I like the dances that are traditional---like pretty ballet stuff. Sometimes I like the emotional/story ones, but I'm not a dancer so sometimes they're a little more strange to me. Ya know?

Good luck with the re-modeling:)

Wonder Woman said...

I like dances like that, too. It's why I love SYTYCD so much, I think.

I excited to see what you come up with for redecorating!!

I have never heard of peanut sauce and would never dream of making wontons. Sorry, girlie.

Kristina P. said...

I have the best Banana Nutella wonton recipe. Made them for a baby shower and they are SOO easy!

Lourie said...

Congrats to your cousin! I agree kicks and splits are not really dancing.

I am looking forward to seeing your new and improved rooms! (hint: pictures please--before and after!)

Melinda said...

I love just about any kind of dancing, I wish I could've been a great dancer in anything!! :)
Have no idea about the peanut sauce, sorry!
Sorry I didn't help with the decorating ideas, wish I was there just to help paint though! I love painting rooms, I love how totally transformed the room looks when you're done, just by a can of paint! Awesome! The apple green sounds heavenly! Good luck! And yes, pictures please!!

wendy said...

I think it would be awesome to go see the Cougaretts.
did you used to dance??
I have NO rhythm. Seriously, I am the most pathetic dancer ever and I'd love to be able to dance well.

You have alot of projects ahead of you. Once I painted my dark brown kitchen cabinets white and put on new knobs and wow, did it ever look good. It was HARD though and I have to tell you, I'd never want to tackle anything like that again. It was just after my first divorce and I wanted a change.

Also, keep this in mind. Treat your house now as if you will live in it forever. Start to fix it as you'd like and make it warm and inviting and everything you'd want it to be. Why?
because I always had that attitude---When I moved into my house in SLC I thought, we'll only be here for a few years and then I'll get something better. Well, I kept that attitude and never really bothered to make it lovely or put money into it.
WELL --27 years later, I was still in that house. Then ironically, I was starting to fix it up and finish the basement family room and do great things with the yard, and then low and behold, I up and divorce again and left it.

do you get what I am saying here?

Motherboard said...

It was fantastic to see you today! You looked absolutely beautiful! I'm so glad that you are on the MMB team!

Dede said...

What a fun thing for your cousin!!! New York, baby! As for wontons, I make mine up. I cook whatever kind of meat I want, add a little garlic and shredded carrots and cabbage, and throw them in a wonton shell...then fry em up. Probably not real authentic:-) It was lovely meeting you today...your blog is fantastic!

Lara said...

Try the Asian aisle in the grocery store for peanut sauce. If not there, try an ethnic grocery store. I know there's one in Provo called Many Lands, but I don't know where you live exactly. :)

myimaginaryblog said...

Hi, and thanks for stopping by my blog. I do love to sew (it's funny to realize that's not something I mentioned to anyone yesterday) and I have been getting in some more sewing time lately after a very long dry spell.

It was great to meet you yesterday, too!

And I have no idea how to make wontons, but they sound yummy.

Liz @ Sugarplum Creations said...

How fun!!! I love the emotion-invoking dances too. What a gorgeous picture. I'll bet you had a blast. I'm missing dance too! And by the way, I found out the song my sister's team danced to. It's called 'I Question Mark' by Wade Robson. They have another competition this weekend, so I'll try to capture some of the routine on video.

End hijack ;) Sorry!

Rachel said...

Hey! YES, I did take dance from Jane Spence! Now that you mention it I have a vague memory of you back in the day :) Small world! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I will definitely check yours out regularly. Hope to see you again in the future!

-Rachel
www.mommybythebook.com

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.