March 12, 2010

Random Friday:Revised

So, after Christmas I was so excited because I thought life would slow down.  And then, I thought it will all slow down after valentine's day.  But I'm pretty sure that it will never slow down. I have four children.  Life won't slow down again until they have all moved out of the house.

And while I will miss the weeks when I get to just hang out at home and not worry about what papers have to go to school the next day, what appointments I have that week or where I need to be when, I am okay with this.  I have four children. I have to be.

****************************************

My crocuses are blooming. It makes me happy to go outside and see them. Gorgeous and purple.  And every day the girls find that a new one has bloomed they come screaming into the house to tell me.  I love it. I can't wait for the daffodils and the tulips to start blooming.

Oh, I love spring.

***************************************

So, I'm finally on twitter. I still don't totally get it.  I mostly did it to link my blog to my facebook page.  So, if you're on twitter and you haven't seen me around come find me @screamandahug.  We'll see how long I last.
*Yeah. I wrote the wrong handle the first time. This is how into Twitter I am.

*************************************

The other day I woke up and the house was FREEZING. I started freaking out because I thought that the furnace had finally given out.  It is old and we need a new one, but it still works so. . .  Anyway, I started panicking because that is the last think that we need right now.  I went to check the thermostat and breathed a sigh of relief. Someone (I'm guessing someone under the age of 2) turned off the heat and on the AC.  So our house was 60 degrees.  Apparently my daughter had crawled in bed with her sister halfway through the night because she was so cold.

I wish there was a lock on the thermostat.

************************************
So yeah, I think that's all.

Oh, almost forgot.  The CBC is having night owl pricing, which is not quite as good of a deal as the early bird pricing, but still not too bad at all.  So, go buy yourself a ticket!  You know you want to. . .

Photobucket

16 comments:

just call me jo said...

I've had that same furnace thing happen when grandkids vistit. It IS scary. One time I even called a repair man--oops! When kids leave it gets calmer, but it's a bit lonely too. You'll see someday. Until then, as they say, "you're gonna miss that..."

Kristina P. said...

I don't know if I will ever start using Twitter again. We will see.

j@nAe said...

If my parents are any kind of example, things don't even slow down after the kids have left home. Take now, for example. They have three grandkids living at the house. Plus Sam and I. Plus their own 17 year-old. Yeah, things are just as crazy as ever. Just in a different way. :)

Liesl said...

I told my mom that about life slowing down after the kids move out and she just laughed. I'm still not sure why...

Erin said...

Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I have really been enjoying reading your posts. I have been lurking, but they are all awesome!

And yep, I'm thinking life won't slow down for ages and ages.

Emmy said...

Glad your furnace is still working, that would suck... and yeah every once in a while there is a "slow" day.. but I don't think life is going to slow down for us for a really really long time.. or never.

Lourie said...

Oh my goodness that must have been sooooo soooo sooo very cold. Lucky it wasn't the furnace. I am on Twitter also...Missellejay0902 I will go looking for ya.

Rochelle said...

Every time I go to my mother in law's house she has to turn on their furnace because they like it freezing. They even open their bedroom window at night! She says, "what should I turn it up to? 58?" And I'm like "at least 60, my kids will freeze" but really I'm thinking I will freeze!
Although my house isn't much warmer because I'm a gas bill nazi and can't afford a warm house.

Wonder Woman said...

Oh. Em. Gee. LOVE the new layout. Did Melissa do it?

Our thermostat got turned way down the other night, too. Brr.

Wish I had flowers. My lawn is so, so, so sad.

Mandy said...

this post made me laugh a little. we have our thermostat programed for 60 at night and 64 during the day. Maybe it's because I'm pregnant and Treson's naturally hot from running around. AJ just puts on a sweater and deals with it!- or at least I make him deal with it. :D

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

I've contemplated getting a twitter account, I haven't had the courage yet.

I think my finger just froze from reading the thermostat story! Brr!

Debbie / Cranberry Fries said...

My son just did that today with the furnace. I came downstairs and it was freezing cold. Not only did he turn on the a/c he then turned it down to 41 degrees. WHY would it even go that low? Luckily I caught it at 66.

Happy Spring day to you! Makes me want to go plant something pretty.

Amber said...

I am still figuring out twitter, too. It's kind of fun once you get the hang of it!! Plus, when you find more people to follow, and they follow you, you can have conversations. I love conversations.

Valerie said...

I always trick myself into thinking that soon I'll be less busy, but I never am either.

Three Peas In A Kitchen said...

Rachel Sue, I really enjoy reading your blog! You have such warmth, humor, and insight in every post. It's a joy to come here!

And I'm with you about Spring's arrival--winter, begone! Spring can't some soon enough :)

--Amy

myimaginaryblog said...

I am *always* looking forward to things slowing down. I should accept that they never will and just be happy with it, but I can't--it just sounds so blissful not to try to keep so many balls in the air.

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.