May 7, 2010

Book Review: Summer in Paris

I lived in Idaho for 4 years. I loved every single second. Well, every single second after the first six months.  Idaho has it's own kind of beauty and appeal, but it takes a native or some time to discover that.

After reading Summer in Paris by Michelle Ashman Bell,  I would bet some money, I haven't decided how much,  that Bell had the same experience I did, because she portrays that so well through her main character, Kenzie Williams.

Here's a little summary for you, so I don't give TOO much away:  Kenzie Williams feels like she has it all; wealth, friends, popularity and talent. But when her father tells her he has declared bankruptcy, her whole world in New York City turns upside down. Her parent's solution while they sort through their financial and marital problems is to send Kenzie to live with her relatives in Paris . . . Idaho!


This isn't a book I would tend to just pick up, but it was  a fun read.  There was a little bit of everything: romance, mystery, a little bit of spoiled little rich girl and plenty of teenage angst! 


Summer in Paris was written with a younger audience than me in mind.  And for that audience, I think it is right on target.  It is clean, without any language.  The teens get into a couple of sticky situations, but nothing that I wouldn't let a tween or teenage daughter of mine read.  


P.S. Thanks to Valor Publishing for allowing me to review this!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Barbaloot said...

Fun-I love book recommendations. I'll have the check this out sometime:)

Emmy said...

Sounds like a fun cutesy read

Michele Ashman Bell said...

Thanks for the fun review. Love your blog!

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.