May 14, 2010

Random Friday

Last weekend we went out to dinner for Mother's Day. And since it was Mother's day, I got to pick.  We got  a list of restaurants from a friend of a friend and I picked off of that.  We went to the Citris Grill, I think it is in Cottonwood Heights.  Oh, my it was good.  I had a Ham and Havarti sandwich, which was amazing. Does anyone know what aioli sauce is?  Because there was cranberry aioli on my sandwich and it was the best stuff ever.  I want to figure out how to make it and then put it on everything that I eat.

After dinner I went and got cupcakes from Sweet Tooth Fairy in Draper.  Have you been? Have you eaten the raspberry cheesecake cupcake? Or the key lime cupcake?  You should go. Like now.  Sooooo good.

*****************************

So our school is switching from year round to traditional next year. Part of me is really happy about this. Long summer, school at the same time as everyone else, that part will be great.  I will really miss the 3 week breaks scattered throughout the school year, during which I get to sleep in.  I will desperately miss that.

*****************************

The recent rain has turned my backyard into a jungle.  And I have no desire whatsoever to do anything about it.  I'm trying really hard to work up the motivation this morning to go out there for a marathon weed pulling session. I don't know if I'm gonna make it.

I would have more motivation if I actually had plants to put in the ground but all my seedlings are looking very small and week. I don't know how, but somehow I have completely stunted their growth. They are all like 2 months old but they look like they popped up last week.  It's really frustrating.

*******************************

Question for you:

Are you going to CBC?

Which part?

Wanna do lunch? Or dinner?


Photobucket

9 comments:

Pam said...

All of my plants have done the same thing. So sad really.

amy said...

the sweet tooth fairy is good but i have to say, I like dippidee in Lehi better :)

I am going to CBC and really looking forward to it. Hope to meet you there.

www.thefamilytrifecta.com

Just SO said...

Our lawn mower of 11 years (that was actually around 25 years old) died at the very beginning of the lawn mowing season. Plus with all the rain we had a hard time finding a day to actually take care of the yard.

So that's what I asked for for mother's day. A nice yard. We went and bough a new mower and the front yard looks awesome. The back yard needs more work. And it looks like the weather will be cooperating.

I'm going to the CBC the Friday night social and all day Saturday. Lunch sounds fun! Hope to see you there.

Kristina P. said...

I love Citris Grill. There used to be on in the same shopping center as Sweet Tooth Fairy. But they went out of business.

My favorite Sweet Tooth cupcakes are the cheesecake ones. Super moist.

Emmy said...

Have you been to Beyond Glazed? They are a donut shop with amazing flavored toppings like that.

Living the Scream said...

Cupcakes sound so good right now.

I am going to CBC for the friday night social and all day saterday. I dont know anyone! that would be fun to meet up.

Lesa said...

Sweet Tooth Fairy is my favorite cupcake shop! Love it. I haven't found a flavor I didn't like.

The Damsel In Dis Dress said...

can't wait to meet you at CBC.

Sell...Party Of 4 said...

I'm going to CBC, but I just can't wrap my head around it all. I haven't decided on anything. =/

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.