June 1, 2010

My Absolute Favorite Part

If you couldn't guess, yes, I'm talking about CBC again.

Do you want to know my absolute, 100% favorite part?

It wasn't the classes, although I leaned a lot.

It wasn't the swag bags, although they were mighty nice.

It wasn't the massages, although those  were so great too.

It was the people.

I love this community of people. Of women, in particular.  You would think that a weekend surrounded by the same women might result in some cattiness, some controversy.

Well, if there was any, I didn't hear about it.

Everyone was incredibly nice.  Incredibly.  There wasn't a cool table. It wasn't high school.  Everyone was genuinely happy to meet everyone else and share their story, their experience, their laughter.

I am so glad I got to be a part of it.
Photobucket

11 comments:

Just SO said...

I was so glad to get to say hi to you! I'm sorry I didn't stop and talk longer. I'm glad you had a great time. It was a fun conference!

rebecca said...

That was for sure the best part! Hands down!

SpencernAmy said...

I'm glad you had a great time. I just have to point out that you guys ARE the cool table! You who have embraced this new technology and turned it into a socially uplifting opportunity to share are truly the coolest of the cool.

Kristina P. said...

The people really is the best part of any event.

Barbaloot said...

Glad you had fun!

Emmy said...

So glad you had so much fun! jealous you got to go.

Kami said...

Wow, wish I could of gone but it sounds like it was a blast!

The Damsel In Dis Dress said...

Exactly the way I felt!

Lourie said...

That is so great! I hope there is another one next year. I want to go! I want to! I want to! *ahem* :D

Holly said...

It WAS AWESOME and I AGREE!! ;D

Sher said...

Agreed! It was awesome to visit with everyone! And it was great seeing you again!

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.