June 4, 2010

Random Friday

I hate the stomach flu.  Why does it even exist?

The only bonus: I now am one size smaller.

We'll see how long that lasts. . . .

***********************************

So, I'm going to California next Wednesday.  I decided that yesterday.  You all should be proud of me.  Why, you ask?  I am not a spontaneous kind of person. I am a planner. And a I have knowingly given myself exactly 5 days to prepare.  It's really no wonder that I couldn't sleep last night.

*********************************

I love Greek yogurt. Have you tried it?  I don't know what it is, but it is wonderful. There is one brand in particular that is spectacular.  I'm pretty sure it's called Chobani.  If velvet was food and supposed to be eaten,  that is what it would taste like.  It's really good.

*******************************

This whole year round summer is KILLING me.  Bedtime hits, and I don't care.  I should care because my kids have school in the morning, but I don't.  It's usually when someone loses their temper or gets hurt that I finally say, okay, let's get ready for bed.  But honestly,  the weather is so gorgeous, and all anyone wants to do after dinner is go outside. And after weeks of rain and cold and even snow, it's about time!  So I let them go outside, and then I go outside and we hang out.  Oh, and yes. I am totally pulling my kids out of school to go to California.  I don't feel bad about that at all.


Photobucket

15 comments:

Lara said...

Congrats on the weight loss, although I am sorry about how it came about. :)

I don't think I could handle year round school at all. We have one more week here and I am already dying. Of course, the sun isn't down until around 10:30 and it's light until well past 11:00 and it is nearly impossible to get the kids down. I certainly wouldn't want to have to try in July!

just call me jo said...

Look at you, all spontaneous and everything! Enjoy California, you rebel lady. Wish I'd gone outside and played more and done what I was supposed to much less. (Does that make sense?) Anyway, fight the urge to obey rules and plan!!

Barbaloot said...

The thought of putting velvet in my mouth makes me feel like I may get the stomach flu.

Have fun in California!!

Kristina P. said...

My coworker loves Greek yogurt. I don't think I've ever had it.

MommyJ said...

My kids haven't finished their regular school year yet... last week is the last week. But since they are doing such important, productive things like have field day and watch movies ALL DAY, I'm pulling them out of school to sit around and do nothing. I'm serious. They are doing nothing at school... it's much easier if I don't have to get out of bed to get them there and then we can just do nothing at home.

I hope you have a good trip!

SpencernAmy said...

WooHoo! My kids will be thrilled to hear you're coming! Hooray!

Jackie said...

A trip sound so lovely! Have fun!

Sher said...

Sorry, you've been sick. That's the worst way to lose weight. It never sticks.
Have fun in Cali.

I'll have to check out Greek yogurt, I've never even heard of it before.

And today is the last day of school, and every year on this day I think the heavens that we are in traditional school. (Sorry to rub it in).

Mrs. Organic said...

Bedtime and summer are a horrid combination.

Lourie said...

I have often wondered the purpose of the stomach flu. It needs to be gone. Like forever.

CA again!? Wohoo!

Cheri Piles said...

Awww, I'm so sorry about the flu! A whole size, wowzers! I'm going to have to check out that greek yogurt, I've heard them talk about on the biggest looser, but never as velvet..NOW I'm interested. Have fun in California!!!

The Damsel In Dis Dress said...

yesssssss Greek yoghurt.

get better!

Melissa Bastow said...

Dumbest thing ever - I get fatter when I have the stomach flu. It's totally backwards.

Have fun in California!!!

wendy said...

School is so over-rated (tee,hee) BUT sometimes we just have to pull them out for family time. I like spontaneous.!!
sorry about the flu
glad you are getting good weather --it is still rainy and a little on the chilly side here (boo,hoo)
and I SO have to try that yogurt

Omgirl said...

I eat the fat free Greek yogurt, and even w/o fat, it is still way more creamy and delicious than regular yogurt.

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.