July 12, 2010

Kinda, sorta

I'm having difficulty easing back into the world of blog. I took a break and it lasted longer than I had planned.  Then summer started and with it my meticulously planned summer schedule.  (It was meticulously planned. The execution, not so much.)

But, I had a goal to really spend time with my kids this summer and do all kinds of fun things.  Fun things that were free. Last week we went to This is the Place Monument and played carnival games and rode horses.  (It was free, and therefore 95 degrees and packed.) Today, we went up to snowbird and went on a hike.  We have plans to go to story time at Barnes and Noble later this week (it's totally free and they do it at many locations.  There is sometimes a free craft to go with it. I am not being paid to say that, I just think it's cool. ) We also have plans to go to the park at least twice this week.  Plus daily swimming lessons.

This is all not to mention mine and  my daughter's upcoming birthdays.

We are busy.  And it's the kind of  busy that I love. So, my computer time has been limited.  And for now, I am totally okay with that.  SO, I guess what I am saying is:

I'm here.

Kind of.

I'm stalking, mostly.

I'll write.

Sometimes.

But, if another table shatters, you can be sure, I'll let you know!
Photobucket

17 comments:

Sher said...

I totally get it. Summertime is hard because you don't get breaks while the kids are at school. And they need to be entertained.
Where are the POS buttons from last summer?

Kristina P. said...

You are spending time on the important things.

Wonder Woman said...

I'm the same way. Not doing the same things (though I wish I was!) but too busy to blog. I read when I can, rarely comment, and post even rarer.

It's all good!

have a fun summer!

elizabeth @ twelvecrafts said...

Sounds like you are having an incredible summer . . . lots of fun and free stuff. What could be better?!?!?! Enjoy!

Lauren said...

I think summer kind of lends itself to this kind of blogging; I know there's lots of things I'm doing other than blogging, too. Sounds like you are having fun, though!

Emmy said...

Good for you. Sounds like you are having an awesome summer. Since I had the baby the number of blogs I read has been probably cut by two-thirds.

wendy said...

I think that is the case with alot of use. We are here...sorta.
But never fear, we'll all catch up with each other when time permits and weather starts to dictate more "indoor time"
Of course you need to Play with the kids and do all those fun things.

Amber said...

Summer is a hard time to blog. I've noticed so many people who have cut down on their posting and commenting. I think that if the relationships have already been formed, they will last through a slow summer.

Liz @ Sugarplum Creations said...

Same here. We get busy, I don't have time to blog, and then I get behind and can't get back into the blogging swing. Oh well. I figure I'm spending my time on more important things right now :)

Omgirl said...

I feel you. Seriously. biggest dilemma: kids or blog. And then there is the guilt associated with the fact that there is even a debate about this. Sigh...

Melissa Bastow said...

I've been ignoring the blogging world too. Except for not as good of reasons. Although we did go to the library story time last week. But I'm not about to spend a 95 degree afternoon just to ride horses. So at least you have better excuses not to be blogging.

Debbie / Cranberry Fries said...

Hey that sounds just like me. I thought for some ironic reason I'd have time this summer to try new things and start new adventures. Haha.

Have fun this summer! (wow that sounds like I'm signing your yearbook.)

Barbaloot said...

Love the swimming lessons---I know I took them as a kid, but somehow I can't swim at all anyway. Hope your kids fare better than I did:)

Liesl said...

I'm in the same boat. I took a break and, well, I kind of liked it.

Lourie said...

I am a crazy person trying to do it all. haha.

Good for you and have a great summer.

Terresa said...

I hear ya, we are back and forth between mountain cabin and suburban swimming pool. Blogging is fitting in, too, but I feel like the summer is sucking the life out of me...

Breaks are good, essential, and no worries, we are always here!

myimaginaryblog said...

Hey, one of my facebook friends also had to pick up broken glass off her lawn the other day. Between the two of you, you've almost dissuaded me from future ownership of patio furniture. At least I'll know to avoid glass.

We started potty training my son a couple of weeks ago and he's almost four. I think underwear doesn't feel too different from diapers, so our method is to have them go naked from the waist down, and that part's working well--he had several accidents at first but now gets it all into the toilet. BUT every time we put underwear or a diaper on him (when we have to leave the house) he goes in that. I don't know how we're going to transition to clothing.

I'm glad you're having what sounds like a really fun summer.

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.