July 6, 2010

Summer's HERE!

Okay yes. For most of you summer is halfway over.  And we're just getting started.

School got out early on Friday. And we  were having a party.  (We waited long enough. A party was in order.) But not just any party, a water party.
I had it all worked out. We had a slip and slide. We had 2 wading pools, a small one and a big one.  We had sprinklers and we had water balloons.  We had ice cream cones and a five gallon jug of ice cold water. We had a canopy and a beach umbrella for shade. 

There was one thing I did not count on, however. 

Hurricane force winds. 

I set up the patio table with the ice water and the paper cups. I put up the umbrella.  I went back in the house to get the slip and slide.  When I came back out, the umbrella was on the other side of the yard.   

And in the middle of the patio was a glittering pile of ice and glass.  (this would be so much better if I had remembered to take pictures.)

The table had blown over and shattered.  15 minutes before 20 children arrived at my home to run around barefoot through the water.  

Honestly, I'm pretty impressed with myself.  I didn't even cry. 

7 comments:

Barbaloot said...

How rotten of the weather to ruin your plan!! Hopefully you have lots more days to celebrate summer:)

MommyJ said...

I absolutely would have cried. And why oh why are you just now getting out of school?!

Lara said...

That is impressive. I would have thrown a fit, even if I didn't cry.

It looks like they still had fun, though!

Kristina P. said...

Oh, boo! And I can't believe summer is half over.

Lourie said...

Ahh man! I know about that wind. It gets wicked up there!

Omgirl said...

Oh my goodness, you poor child! I am so sorry. And you are a saint for not crying. I would have bawled into the wading pool.

Charlotte said...

I hope this post was written early- just getting out of school now?

Good job on the not crying part. That is better than I would have done. Did you recover in time for the party?

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.