August 3, 2010

Master Manipulator


My son, my 21 month old son, is going to grow up to be a con man. Is there a positive faux con man career that I can hope for?

How do I know that he will be a con man?  This child can already work a room.  He is charismatic. And does he have tricks up his sleeve.  When he is mad at me, not hurt, just mad because I am not giving him what he wants or paying enough attention to him, he hits his little head on the floor, or whatever hard surface happens to be handy.  And then he looks at me.  This look is a cross between puppy dog eyes and a conniving gleam that says "did it work? are you going to stop making dinner and pick me up?"

It usually doesn't work. But I have no doubt that kid will improve his poker face. And then I'm in big trouble.

9 comments:

just call me jo said...

There are always used car salesmen--though not too lucrative lately. Or the charismatic motivational speaker--if they don't kill people in a sweat lodge in Sonoma. OK maybe this isn't a good line up. Maybe you can steer him into politics. Yes, I'd say politics. He could be a future president.

elizabeth @ twelvecrafts said...

Maybe our kids will meet up and go into the con business together. ;)

Barbaloot said...

At least you're catching it early, right? :)

Wendy said...

I think your great that you are catching onto it now.

Maybe he can work undercover to catch the bad guys... hm???

We live in a Zoo! said...

Yep, secret agent ;D

Lourie said...

Oh my son used to be able to win me over all the time when he was that age. He is 4 now and tries to win me over. Every once in a while he does, but for the most part...I am over it.

Kristina P. said...

There are worse things than being a conman. I'm sure it will be fine. :)

Wonder Woman said...

With what I've dealt with this last month, I'm thinking he could be a loan officer.

Salesman would work, too, though. :o)

Emmy said...

Lol! Don't worry, both of your skills will increase; so you can always win

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.