September 3, 2010

Random Friday

Basically, my sanity can't take much more pee on the floor. My 3 year old has almost got it. Presents are apparently a great motivation. My 22 month old hasn't caught on so quickly, but that is to be expected. In fact, I was just going to give up this morning since sitting on the potty has lost it's novelty and he won't do it as often or for as long. But when I put a diaper on him he threw a monster fit, and wasn't happy until he had underwear back on.  He has since peed on my bed.

So, we'll see how it goes. . .

************************************
My girls are in school all day everyday. And I miss them. Until I have to go grocery shopping.  Then I feel like skipping down the aisles because shopping with 2 children who both are strapped in the cart is a BREEZE compared to doing it with for. Then, come next week the 3 yr old will be in preschool 2 days a week.  And I will get to run errands with ONE child. ONE people.  Who knew that I would ever be so excited about that.

*********************************

Speaking of shopping, I had an awful experience last week. As a result, I hate Sears. So I have this dust buster. It died.  It had a replacement warranty.  So, I take ti to the customer service department. They don't do warranties there and send me to the Parts and Service Dept. Which is outside on the other side of the store.  So, I go.  They don't fix dust busters, nor do warranty service for small items there. So, they send me to the electronics dept. in the back of the store.  When I go there, they don't have the same dust buster or even the same brand. So the guy calls his manager, who sends me back to parts and service to get it fixed.  It seems odd that I would know that there would be nothing that they could do for me, and the electronics guy OR the manager do not.  So I have the electronics guy call parts and service. And call. And call. And call.  Their phone is off the hook. So, once again I have to walk around the outside of the store only to be told that they can't do anything for me.  At this point, I may have lost my temper and told the girl to call her manager.  Which she does, and then sends me back to the Customer Service dept.

Have you ever heard anything more ridiculous?

**********************************
I'm excited for fall. SO excited.  Not so much winter, but fall, oh yes.




Photobucket

10 comments:

Kristina P. said...

There is nothing more frustrating than getting the runaround.

Well, maybe constantly getting mistaken for Wilford Brimley, like I do.

Pam said...

Hey I tell you this lady over here http://memoriesoncloverlane.blogspot.com/2010/06/my-thoughts-and-tips-on-potty-training.html is a genius when it comes to potty training. Check her post on it out.

Barbaloot said...

So sorry about the Sears mess. Sometimes I think it's more worth it to spend money for something new than to deal with warranties and customer service people.

just call me jo said...

Maybe the kids can pee on Sears warranty person. That'd serve 'em right. Enjoy the weekend.

elizabeth @ twelvecrafts said...

so did the trip to the grocery store with only two kids make up for the pee and the bad customer service? i've been trying to do the potty training thing with my youngest . . . she is only interested in wearing the pull up or unders too . . . but she's not actually interested in not peeing in them. ugh!

Jo said...

I am actually getting mad for you right now. I have had two bad experiences with customer service this week, I hate bad customer service...

Lara said...

Yeah, I'd hate Sears too, after that.

On top of potty training, that's just not cool.

Heidi said...

Yes, I have. I used to be a loan processor and saw the credit reports of many, many people. Anybody who had a Sears account had late fees with them. EVERYONE. The reason? Sears didn't get their payments posted on time, even if they were paid on time, so they called them lates instead of owning up to their internal problem. I have refused to have anything to do with Sears ever since.

My Big Guy was a real challenge to potty train, for obvious reasons. When he was four, I started just putting underwear on him (we had tried everything else). He proceeded to poop in those underwear twice a day, every day, for two months. I then cut him a deal. When he needed to poop, he could ask for a pull up and do it in there. He didn't decide to be fully potty trained until he was five and his little sister was about to be born. Life is so much fun! So is shopping with just one instead of four. Wheeeeee!!!

Lourie said...

I worked for Sears, aside from myself and a very select few others, Sears is run and operated by idiots. Sorry you had to do all their leg work. Grrr.

I totally hear you about being able to do errands with less children. Ahhhhh....it's sooo nice. I am spoiled now....I am child free Mon-Fri! Wooot.

Kimberly said...

I had to giggle a bit about the pee on the floor - mine (who is now 13 and will deny it forever) did the same thing! Hang in there and savor a bit of a break with school and fall! Have a great weekend!

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.