September 7, 2010

Spanish Immersion

My oldest is starting in the Spanish Immersion program at school this year.  So far, she loves it.  And I love it. I think it's great.  But I think it is going to take a little while for her to catch on.  Shall I explain?

She came home from the first day of school excited and telling me the words she had learned that day. She pulled out a worksheet some basic Spanish on it.  I went through it with her and asked her what each word meant.  At the top it said mi llamo Eden.  So, I asked her what it meant.

"I don't know what that means. But when we say it, we point at our chests."

I love my little blonde.

9 comments:

Wendy said...

That is FUNNY!!!

Lara said...

Oh now that is funny!

Mandy said...

ah hahahaha! that's great! something to put in your back pocket and pull out for later- years later!

Barbaloot said...

Classic. It's hilarious---but also sad if they teacher didn't make it clear what they were actually saying!

elizabeth @ twelvecrafts said...

I have so wanted my kids to go to a spanish language immersion school. Unfortunately, the nearest one is an hour away.

Jillybean said...

Very cute!

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

LOL, nice.

My husband was speaking in Spanish on the phone the other day. One of my boys came up to me and asked, "Mom? Why is dad talking so silly!?"

Melissa Bastow said...

Ha, that's great. We just rely on Dora for all of our spanish learning.

Debbie / Cranberry Fries said...

I LOVE it!!! That is so cute!

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.