October 18, 2010

A big reason I haven't been blogging lately. . .

I'm getting ready for Christmas.  


Ironic coming coming from the girl who gets so annoyed to see Christmas decorations on sale in September, but it's true. Sometime last year I decided that this year I would make Christmas. I was tired of the big rush to the store to buy everything on the Christmas list. I wanted to show my kids that Christmas was more about the time than it was about the money.  They will be right there with  me, making the gifts that they give to their friends and their teachers.  So, rather than a trip to the dollar store, we will get to spend a few hours together making something that their teachers might actually be able to use. 


In order to accomplish this quite ambitious feat, I have all but given up blogging.  All of my time previously spent writing and reading and commenting is now spent sewing and gluing and painting.  I have also spent the last year gathering links.  Literally.   These are just a few. . .


Decorations
*HOLIDAY PLANNER
*Yarn Ornaments
*Holiday Garland







*Homemade Nativity
*Wrapping Paper



For the Kids: 
*Christmas PJ's
*Hat and Scarf from Sweater
*Mini Notebooks
*Stocking Stuffers
*DIY Pottery Barn Lazy Susan






*Fabric Barrettes
*Pettiskirt


For the Adults: 
*Ruffly Felt Pillow
*Scrunchy Scarf
*Sugar Scrub
*Homemade Bath Balls
*Washer Necklaces
*Silhouette ornaments
*Button Thumbtacks
*Adult tiered skirt
*Perpetual Birthday Calendar
*Chalkboard Tins
*Super cool purse
*Cozy heating pad
*Flower necklaces

8 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Ack! This made me realize I need to draw names for Adam's family. I am the one who introduced them to name drawing, after we were spending like $500 on their family alone!

Liesl said...

Thanks for those links! I especially love the giant snowflakes and I am totally making that lazy suzan! That will be awesome.

Lindsay said...

Hope you have ME for Christmas!

Barbaloot said...

Wow---good luck. If I was trying to make Christmas, I'd probly get ornery and lose the spirit of it all. Although, I have given and received homemade gifts that I really did appreciate.

Mother Goose said...

Thanks for sharing!

Wendy said...

This is awesome Rachel!! I was actually thinking of doing similar stuff this year.

I might actually use some of these ideas. I know I want to do bath salts this year... and I think I'll have the kids give them to their teachers as well.

I like homemade stuff... because you know that thought, time and usually love are put into those gifts.

Emmy said...

Good for you. Sounds like you will have a wonderful Christmas

Jenna said...

Thank you so much for all these links! I love these ideas! And I can't wait to see what you do. A homemade Christmas is such a cozy idea.

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.