November 23, 2010

Snow Day

The weathermen have been busy for the last couple of days, promising a blizzard that seemed it would never hit. Dance classes were cancelled just in case.  Businesses let out early in preparation.  And little girls demanded boots in preparation.

My 7 year old has been talking about the blizzard since yesterday, and today she came home with a new idea: snow day.  If it is still snowing really really hard in the morning, they might just cancel school.  And you know what?  I hope they do.  I remember the excitement that went along with a snow day. They were so rare that it was a special treat to spend the day shoveling snow, rather than a chore.  And there is just something wonderful about drinking hot chocolate after spending the morning in the snow.

You know what?  I might just make tomorrow a snow day, no matter what.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Sounds good to me! And hey, I got to leave 4 hours early yesterday, so I was thrilled. I am even MORE thrilled we only got about two inches of snow.

Barbaloot said...

Some blizzard---I didn't even have frost to scrape off my car this morning. Not that I'm complaining:)

Liz @ Sugarplum Creations said...

Sounds great! We had a snow day here yesterday, and it was marvelous :)

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.