November 9, 2010

tuesday confessional

I'm not sure if this counts as confessional or not, but I guess I am admitting something about my housekeeping skills by telling you this.

I'm pretty sure there is a mouse living in our walls.

I heard it last night.  It woke me up.  First I thought it was rain, but when I realized it was coming on the opposite side of the room from the window, I realized that wasn't it. Then I thought it was my boys, who have been waking up VERY early since daylight savings.  So, I turned off the baby moniter.  But that wasn't it either.

That was when the scratching started and the sleeping officially ended.

6 comments:

Lara said...

I have a squirrel in our playroom ceiling and bats everywhere else. Hopefully that makes you feel better, because I am freaking out that the dude that's supposed to deal with it has taken his sweet time to get over here...

Kristina P. said...

I don't think that has anything to do with housekeeping, and everything to do with delicious food in your house.

Wonder Woman said...

It has nothing to do with your housekeeping. But I am SO SORRY. I hate rodents with a burning passion. We had some in the walls (and OUTSIDE the walls) in our old house and it FREAKED ME OUT. I found 3 dead mice when we lived there, and one SKELETON when we moved. I nearly passed out.

So good luck.

just call me jo said...

Buy a trap, load it with peanut butter, stand back. (And make someone else empty the trap.) Mice aren't very partial. They invade everyone equally. All they need is a teeny-weeny hole and whamo! You have a new friend.

SpencernAmy said...

The mice grossed me out even when they were just in the garage . . . however, I found something worse. We recently found a dead RAT! Yeah, I broke down and bought a year's worth of pest control! YUCK! Do you think those pest control guys plant the rodents and then come door to door a week later?

Liesl said...

It has nothing to do with your housekeeping skills I promise you. But unfortunately, the only permanent solution I have found is a cat.

Poison, traps, etc, are all temporary solutions.

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.