January 28, 2011

Random Friday

I need a Twitter cheat sheet. I have been on  for almost a year now, but haven't done much more than link it up to my blog.  But, I finally got tweet deck to work on my computer without crashing it, so I can kind of see the appeal a bit more now.  But, half the time I don't understand what is going on! I realize that I sound like an 80 year old woman getting a text for the first time, but seriously. Can you help?  What is FF? What is the deal with hashtags?  Is that even how you say it?  And how do you make big huge links into little tiny twitter ones?

Anyone?

***************************

Have you ever noticed that it is so much easier to forgive someone who hurts you, than it is to forgive someone for hurting your loved ones?  Cause really, it is.

****************************

The den is still not done.  I am avoiding it by writing this post. I really should be in there to get the whole thing over with, but no. I choose to blog.   I am so never getting the stupid thing finished.

**************************

I got a bunch of Bosc pears in my Bountiful Basket box this week and I really have no idea what to do with them. Any ideas?

You know I thought this whole more fruits and veggies thing would be great, we would all be more healthy with more energy. Turns out that all of the fruit just makes me want to bake.  Lemon Rosemary Cake, anyone? Chocolate chip zucchini muffins?  There will be no losing weight around here. . . .

**************************

My two year old is rebelling . He no longer wants to take naps.  Most days, we can just squeak by without one.  He has a cold today and is unbelievably grumpy.  And has no desire to sleep.  Help. Someone. Please.


Photobucket

10 comments:

Barbaloot said...

I was gonna suggest eating the pears...I guess that's not one of your options? You could always decorate with them...somehow. Tell the kid he has to eat them unless he takes a nap? Maybe?

Kristina P. said...

This is why I don't do The Twitter.

Jo said...

If I wasn't preggo I would come over and help with the den. What do you have left to do maybe I can muster up the motivation to come help anyway!

Lourie said...

No clue on any of the Twitter stuff. I have an account but just about never use it. So I am right there with you. 80 years old and lost. haha.

I hope your boy feels better soon. Any chance he would sit and watch a movie? You know, tell he doesn't "have to" go to sleep. Just lay here and watch your favorite movie. Just a thought. Good luck.

That Girl said...

If you're 80, I'm 150. I've never read a Twitter feed in my life.

The pears? EAT THEM! Bake them up with a little sugar and whipped cream. Make muffins. Eat them over cottage cheese. Carmelize them over marinated steaks. (Really.)

Give them to me!

The Damsel In Dis Dress said...

Every week, it seems, there are pears and more pears. They're not our favorite. **sulk

FF means follow friday, and the hashtag thing...some people use it to help their tweets be found, in case someone has searched for a particular hashtag and is reading everything with it. But lots of people just make up #weirdlonghashtags just for fun.

SpencernAmy said...

I like pears in Jell-o. When my kids didn't want naps, we instituted quiet time. They had to play or read quietly in bed for a set amount of time. If they were loud or got out (except for potty breaks), then the time got added onto. Invariably, they'd end up falling asleep (until they really had grown out of naps). Although with #4, we are running around everywhere so her naps are always in the car. We cleaned out the garage so now I just park the car in there and leave the doors open for when she wakes up (she's out there now). good luck!

wendy said...

I have NO IDEA what twitter is all about. (I am close to that 80 year old you mention)

and...I get it...NO ONE, better ever hurt my loved ones. I want to bring out the big guns when that happens.

naps, schnapps

Emmy said...

Yeah I don't tweet either, sorry. When my son started giving up his nap I made him do quiet time- he had to stay in his room and play quietly for about 30-45 mins. He would then often end up falling asleep or if not what I really wanted was just a break so I had to be happy with a little one I got.

Stephanie said...

FF means "Follow Friday."

You can shorten your links at: http://bit.ly/.

Mashable has a fantastic Twitter guide that is FREE: http://mashable.com/guidebook/twitter/.

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.