January 10, 2011

Wost Mom Ever

So, a couple of weeks ago, we took my parents out to dinner.  My dad retired and we felt the need to do something to commemorate the occasion.  We just chose a bad time to do it.  Downtown Salt Lake City, December 23.

Can you say busy?

We had a 40 minute wait in an itty bitty waiting area.  My kids were ready to go to a park, not sit quietly at a table.  But, there we were.  Being led to our table. Have you ever tried to get 4 children seated at a table in a restaurant?

Can you say chaos?

So, I got the girls in, and my 3 year old, and as I turn around to pick up my 2 year old off the floor where he has deposited himself, I see a waiter walking by step on my son's arm, realize his mistake and then fall to avoid hurting Eric even further.

Can you say humiliation?

The waiter was embarrassed and felt terrible for stepping on Eric.  I was humiliated, the worst mom ever, for letting my son just lay there in the middle of the aisle right in the way.  It was pretty much awful.  My son, other than freaking out a little because he was scared, was completely fine.

I wanted to crawl under a rock and never come back out.
Photobucket

12 comments:

Barbaloot said...

At least the waiter apologized rather than getting angry at you. I'm sure he didn't think you were the worst mom ever:)

just call me jo said...

Yes, I'm surprised the waiter didn't yell at you. The world is such a civil place nowadays. You are NOT the worst mom ever (or wost mom either ;o)

Rochelle Brunson said...

Not the worst mom ever! I pretty much think taking kids to a restaurant is always way more work than its worth, and seems like a chore. I dread it, and therefore, avoid it whenever possible.

Melinda said...

I haven't eaten out at a restaurant in months with my children because the 2 year old WILL NOT sit for any reason and just wants to run around the restaurant. Its horrible. I'm sorry that happened, I would have felt terrible too!

Kristina P. said...

My dining out experience lately, with friends who have kids, has been at McDonalds. I now understand why.

Jillybean said...

We have 4 children, so I truly understand what you are going through.
We have a list of rules that the kids must recite before going into any restaurant. Rule #1 is "No sitting on anyone's head"
Sadly, we had to create this rule for a reason.

Emmy said...

Yes , I thought the same thi as the first comment, glad the waitor apologized. Kids are kids sometimes and that makes life hard.

wendy said...

Oh my gosh Rachel, I you could only talk to MY daughter Emma ( on my sidebar) about a few of her "resturant catastrophers with one of her daughters" it would make you laugh/cry all at the same time.
I was with her on one of those experiences and I was about the "steer wrestle" the old bag who so insulted my daughter and her "lac or mothering skills in a resturant with her children"
OLD BAG!!!!!

wendy said...

wow, I sure had a lot of typ-o's on that last comment. I am trying to type and watch the National Championship Football game at the same time.
Guess I can't do both successfully eh.

The Damsel In Dis Dress said...

Oh gosh. Sadly I know how you feel. What restaurant did you go to?

Rachel Sue said...

Damsel- We were at California Pizza Kitchen. In the biggest mall in Downtown Salt Lake. So stupid.

Liesl said...

Please tell me that's not the worst thing you've ever done. Please.

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.