February 9, 2011

Okay, you win

Okay. Here are the befores. It's bad. I didn't even think about cleaning before I took them.  
I realized there aren't any great pictures of the dark brown paneling.  Just know it was awful. 








This is the desk I bought off of KSL and painted.  I forgot to take a before. So this is the desk with primer. 

This is a little hand me down nightstand that lived in our carport for about 4 months while I figured out what to do with it. 

AFTER:
And this is what I did with the frame and below on the wall are the drawers.  It's kind of hard to tell but I turned them into ribbon holders. 





And this is the desk with two little boys who love computer games.  



And this is where I spilled the can of paint. 

And this is where I dropped a paint brush and it bounced.  

And that is it!  

And yes.  I just moved the boxes out of the way to take the pictures. 

Photobucket

13 comments:

just call me jo said...

Your work has paid off. Maybe you could just polka dot the whole carpet in random colors and sizes. It's a thought...OK not a good one, but...

alison said...

i love the repurposed drawers. i need me some ribbon holders....so now i just need to find some drawers without a home :)

Heidi said...

Wow, it's beautiful! Do you just love it? And so creative .. love the ribbon holders.

Rochelle Brunson said...

I agree that the dark brown had to go. It looks fantastic, I love the colors. It looks so bright and cheery!

Kristina P. said...

It looks like it could be in a magazine now!`

AJ said...

oh! I love the blue you painted the desk and shelf with!!! sorry about the paint spill- that's no fun! :(

Sara said...

yay. I have been waiting to see this, and I love it! It looks great! I love the color and the drawers for ribbon holders and the desk. Everything. Looks like a heck of a lot of work. Good Job.

Barbaloot said...

It looks great! I bet you just love going in there now and seeing all the hard work you did:) Thanks for putting up pictures!

Michelle 2021 said...

Oh Rachel, what great work! Looks so much lighter and happier. Good work!

Liesl said...

LOVE the color of that desk. Love it! Do you have extra? Wouldn't mind painting a chair that color.

Good work! You do well with those kinds of things. I stink at it.

Debbie / Cranberry Fries said...

That looks SO great! I love the color change, it makes such a huge difference. And you picked great ones that really compliment the space.

That Girl said...

ahahahhahahahahahhahahaaaaaaaaaa

I totally laughed. out. loud at the "and this is where I spilled a can of paint."

Hilarious!

The room looks FANTASTIC, bytheway ....

Emmy said...

Great job! Seriously looks like a whole new room. Awesome!!

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.