February 18, 2011

Random Friday

My daughter turns 8 on Monday. This is very weird to me.  She was just a little baby!  What happened?  She is so tall and she looks so OLD.  She really looks older than 8. One day she came downstairs in her skinny jeans and a graphic tee, her hair in a  ponytail, and I swear she looked 15.  It's ridiculous.

*********************************
Speaking of her birthday, her party is tomorrow. And it is, indeed, a guess who party.  This is my plan. When everyone gets here they can pick an accessory: hat, glasses, scarf, etc.  Then we will take pictures of all of them and load the pics on the computer and make a game board.  While I am doing that, they will be playing twister.  And when the game boards are all finished, we will play guess who with their pictures. Here is what I'm not sure about: should we pair off and have kind of a tournament?  Or should one person be "it" and everyone else make guesses about their person?  What do you think?

*******************************

The homemade yogurt, by the way, turned out pretty good. I have been eating it with raspberry jam, granola and candied pecans.  I'm not sure about the nutritional value, but it is a great breakfast.

***********************************
Also for Eden's birthday, since we are out of school, I am thinking we will take a trip out to Midway to see the ice castles out there. Has anyone been? Is it fun?  I think my kids will like it, but I'm worried about how long my husband will last in the cold.  He doesn't do well in the cold. Which is ironic, considering how much he loves snowboarding.  Oh, well.

******************************

Have a lovely weekend!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Liz @ Sugarplum Creations said...

Isn't it crazy how fast they grow?! The other day we were talking about Sierra and someone said "She's going to be 9 this year?" Oh.my.word. How can that be??

Mrs. Townsley said...

We went to the ice castles last year. They're fun and not that cold. John will be fine.

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.