February 5, 2011

Spotlight Saturday

Don't know if I'm going to make this a thing or not, but I read a few posts this week that have really stuck with me.

Have you ever met the Mormon Child Bride?  I admit that the only reason I checked out her blog in the first place is because I WAS a Mormon child bride and I was curious.  But I stayed because I think she is hysterical with just enough cynicism to keep me happy. The post that she wrote this week, however, was a little less controversial, tongue in cheek kind of post that she usually writes.  This is probably my favorite one that she has ever written. I was going to quote my favorite line but then I realized that it might just ruin the whole post. So, just go read it. You will appreciate it.

Natasha is a blogger with a fresh perspective on a lot of things, and while I don't agree with everything she says, I appreciate the way she thinks.  This week she posted this: "I think if we Mormons just lived according to our beliefs, offered to share them, shut up when sharing was not welcome, and said nothing judgmental and spoke only compassion or nothing about other people's lives, we would have far more converts. People would be shocked and surprised that we could actually live the second greatest commandment, and would want to know more. Just love and LIVE our religion."  You can read more at Becoming Something


And finally, this just made me laugh.  Then again, Miss Nemesis usually does. Have you seen, heard, suffered through any of the commercials for No Strings Attached? Then you will appreciate this too:
 "My response: "Wait, what??? Natalie Portman? And Ashton Kutcher? Are you kidding me? Natalie Portman who gets nominated for acting awards and does ballet and is multilingual and went to Harvard? Natalie Portman is in a stupid sex comedy with Ashton Where's My Car Kutcher??? Ugh. That is so disappointing. I think my brain is leaking out my ears right now."  For further laughs be sure to check out Voice of Reason. 

Did you have any favorites this week?
Photobucket

4 comments:

Mrs. Organic said...

I love that first link, thank you for sharing. I see a lot of this, our family has experienced first hand prolonged medical issues - I need to be better about being there for others.

No one person can say for another person, it is enough - you cannot have this pain any more. Learning to live with pain is an individual thing, but we can be there to buoy each other up.

Stephanie said...

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed the post. Which I originally spelled poast. Because I'm creative like that.

Barbaloot said...

I support anyone who automatically hates No Strings Attached. Is there a dumber concept for a movie than that? I don't think so.

Cynthia said...

Those sound like some good reads. Thanks for sharing- off to check them out!

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.