March 1, 2011

I got to go!

About a year ago I read A Tale of Two Cities. I loved it. So, when I heard that Hale Center Theater in West Valley City was putting it on, I wanted to go. So badly. But, a ticket was not anywhere in our budget.

Enter my sister in law.  She called last night at about 7:25.  Her husband bought tickets at the West Valley Hale, thinking that it was the Orem one.  Total bummer for them.  Blessing for me. I RAN over there (seeing as it started at 7:30) and took one of their tickets and loved every single second.

If you have never been to Hale, you should go.  Call, get tickets and go.  It is incredible.  Couple this with the fact that they put on Tale of Two Cities,  (a book on my Everyone must read list) and it is the perfect evening.  But you should try and go Monday, Wednesday or Friday.  Just to hear Madame Defarge sing.  She is simply amazing.  When it was almost over I was hoping beyond hope that she would have one more song.  Just so I could hear her one more time before it was over.

Although, I must warn you, I sobbed pretty much the entire second half. I was kind of feeling relieved that I no one could go with me, because it was pretty embarrassing.  By the time I got home, my eyes were still swollen.  It was kind of ridiculous.  But, totally worth it.

4 comments:

The Woolley's said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed it, especially the MWF cast. We are going tomorrow, because my friend Stephen Kerr who plays the evil Barsad is in this MWF cast. Good to know to bring a lot of tissues, I haven't been quite as emotional this pregnancy, but I think it is catching up with me.

Barbaloot said...

I love plays at HCT-they do a great job. I didn't even know Tale of Two Cities was a musical.

Heidi said...

I read it in high school and it is easily one of my all time faves. I didn't know there was a musical about it, though. Oh, and add Les Miserables to my list from your more current post.

Emmy said...

That is a great location for shows

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.