March 22, 2011

A Week in letters: Day 1

Dear Annie,

I wanted to tell you how truly sorry I am.  It turns out, that the day I got my hair cut, it wasn't just a cough like I thought it was.  I know that I tried, and tried and tried not to cough right in your face as you cut my hair, but I will feel just terrible if you caught it.

You know, the flu.

Because that is what it was. I took my deathly ill son to the doctor's that afternoon, and when the doctor told me that my son had the flu, I knew.

I had it too.

It hadn't hit hard when I saw you.  Really, when I got my hair cut, it really was just a cough and a scratchy voice.  But by the time I went to bed that night, it was a fever and the chills and the cough was worse.

I didn't sleep that night.   From the coughing.  The incessant coughing.  And the next day, I thought I would die.

So, I wanted to tell you that I'm sorry.  I honestly didn't know.  And I really hope you didn't get it.

Sincerely,

6 comments:

just call me jo said...

I'm not sure I'd have confessed. You might get one heck of a hair cut next time. Can you say, "mohawk?"

Barbaloot said...

Yikes. Hope you and your family feel better soon...and that Annie didn't catch it!!

MommyJ said...

Oh no! I hope you feel better soon.

Liz @ Sugarplum Creations said...

Ugh, I hate it when that happens!!

Morgan -Ing said...

Oh no! Horrible for you. I'm so sorry!

Gina said...

Oh, sad!
I feel terrible when something like this happens... but there's nothing you could have done, don't beat yourself up :)

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.