March 23, 2011

A Week in letters: Day 2

Dear Wendy,

I just wanted to thank you. I write this, knowing that the chances are that you won't read it.  Then again, it might pop up on Facebook.

And that, my friend was how you saved my life. You think I'm being melodramatic, and maybe I am, but really that is what it felt like.

That day that I got home from the instacare with my tamiflu and my cough syrup, I was more miserable that I think I ever have been.  So, I did the only logical thing: I pulled out my phone and tweeted about my diagnoses.  Lucky for me, my twitter feed is connected to my Facebook account. Otherwise, you might never have seen it.

I want to thank you for taking that Facebook update seriously.  For realizing that a flu diagnosis would mean that my family would not have dinner that night--at least not from me.  I want to thank you for ignoring the fact that I didn't notice your response, and calling me instead. I want to thank you for not hanging up when you couldn't hear me on the phone, because my voice was completely gone.

I want to thank you for taking my kids so into consideration, and for not only showing up with a pizza, but two pizzas, bread sticks, apple dippers, a relish tray, m&m's and ice cream sandwiches.  Just so you know, we ate for days on that meal.  I sent my girls to school with slices of pizza and fed those bread sticks to my boys for lunch.  It was more than perfect. In fact, I don't think I would be going too far to say it was a miracle.

So, thank you.  So much.

3 comments:

just call me jo said...

Ooh! There are still nice people in the world. That is wonderful news. I'm glad you had an angel to assist.

Wonder Woman said...

What a fantastic, terrific friend. I'm so glad you have wonderful people like wendy in your life.

Momza said...

love. this. so much. oh how we need one another to help us on this journey when we are feeling low and incapable. Wendy is an angel.

Copyright Trapped Between a Scream and a Hug

Meaning all content on this blog is mine. So you better not steal it. Seriously.